The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well just finished doing more custom painting. Here is where I am at right now. Redid the LSS wheels I recently painted black and did the insides Chili Red. Painted the Windshield frame Ravin Black, painted the headlight surrounds Chili Red, Painted the LED Taillights Ravine Black. Also changed some pieces in the interior namely shift knob and E-brake are two-toned Ravin Black/Chili Red. Are you starting to see the theme. Here are some pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Paint just like you would anything else. Removed taillights. I blocked out what I didnt want painted (that is the most tedious part by the way). No sanding or scuffing required just make sure surface is free from grease/wax. Paint in your color choice. I decided to remove taped areas before clear coating to get finished all around smooth surface when done. Applied 3 coats black 4 coats clear. Looks great by the way with lights on. I am trying to decide on how to block out front blinkers, as my next stage is to black paint side lights leaving the 4 small openings and rear stop light.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I like the taillights. Not much else. Seems like all that money for custom painting could have been used for some better mods.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not really, when you consider, I did the custom painting. I have first been doing what I am able to do and what is most affordable. The other mods as you call it will come soon enough! Be patient my little Jedi

·
Registered
475 Posts

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
that looks incredible. awesome.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I tried to remove my tail lights, but after removing the two screws, the light wouldn't come off. Are they secured with double-sided tape or something? BTW, I have the '06 tail lights.

To OP, nice work.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I saw this car a few weeks ago at a Brit Car show in NC. It is one seriously shiney-ass car!!

Good job man - see you next time! :clap:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the comments. When removing the taillights I thought they were held on with more then the two screws also. There is no tape though just need to free loss. wiggle the taillight a little when pulling and it will break free. After you get one off you will notice how easy the others follow once you know how much force to use.
I usually dont take much photos of the process here is what I have!

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I saw this car a few weeks ago at a Brit Car show in NC. It is one seriously shiney-ass car!!

Good job man - see you next time! :clap:
Thanks Oliver, We had a blast there. Hopefully we might be able to get to the Show-N-shine in Union SC, Still up in the air. Loved the overall aggresive look of your Elise!

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
FWIW, the annular (ring) region that's in the middle of the rear taillight/backup light is (er, was) a reflector.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
True. it was cleaner then. Thats the risk you take with custom work. the more you do the greater odds you create from a love it to hate it look. The beuaty of the Lotus is that it leands itself to different personalities and various tastes. Thankfully we all dont do the same mods and looks so each is unique.
Of course. I will try anything at first. If I dont like it or get tired of it I can always change it back

·
Registered
123 Posts
Great job on the paint. Car looks awesome. Maybe you want to change out the front badge and wheel badges with the black and silver ones to get rid of that yellow? Just a suggestion.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts