The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I’ve had a fiberglass splitter (WireWheel) since I bought my Elise back in December and the paint job that was on it is very shoddy. I want to put a fresh coat of black paint and sealer on it (preferably by this weekend) due to lots of paint chips. What do you recommend for paint?

I’d love to just get a CF lip from GRP but I battle frequently with curbs and entrances in Charotte.

Thanks

·
JoeNameplate
28 Posts
If it doesn't bother you, plastidip works well for the front splitter. A thick coat will hide chips & minor cracks. It also won't chip, or crack, and is easy to coat & recoat.

·
Registered
27 Posts
A friend of mine has his (wirewheel) wrapped in carbon fiber vinyl and it looked stunning. Cant quote a price but seemed very reasonable.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I’d love to just get a CF lip from GRP but I battle frequently with curbs and entrances in Charotte.
A set of skid plates from SirLotus should do the trick.

Cheers.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If it doesn't bother you, plastidip works well for the front splitter. A thick coat will hide chips & minor cracks. It also won't chip, or crack, and is easy to coat & recoat.
I have zero experience with plasti-dip looks like it’s generally a matte finish I’m sure I could find one with gloss maybe...?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A set of skid plates from SirLotus should do the trick.

Cheers.
See I looked at those skid plates but I don’t know if they make enough of an physical barrier towards the front of the clam to stop any ridiculously aggressive curbs taken even at an angle, hopefully that makes sense. I take it you’ve had good experience with them?

·
JoeNameplate
28 Posts
I have zero experience with plasti-dip looks like it’s generally a matte finish I’m sure I could find one with gloss maybe...?

Mine is plastidipped matte black. Their gloss top coat is more of a semi-gloss. If you want gloss go with a wrap or paint.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts