The Lotus Cars Community banner

101 - 108 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
FYI<
Pleasant surprise today, got my center console back from HRM from being painted body color. Mark promised it'd be as smooth as the body and he's right, exc. job and can tell a lot of time was put into it. I've mounted andwill take pics this weekend.

Chris

·
Registered
177 Posts
Painted Console Question

Stan said:
I let the console dry for a couple days. I was able to reswage the upper cable ball joint so that appears secure. By using some threaded inserts still in the floor under the shifter (from the old design) I was able to make the shifter/e-brake assembly much more steady left to right. With some of the extra paint I painted my autocross air pressure gage Saffron Yellow. Here are some console PICs..
Stan, before I dive into this mod, I wanted to touch base with you to find out how yours has held up against marring, scratching, scuffing and the like. I'm sure its seen a lot of traffic in the year and a half since you painted it. How does it look today?

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
lucksta said:
Stan, before I dive into this mod, I wanted to touch base with you to find out how yours has held up against marring, scratching, scuffing and the like. I'm sure its seen a lot of traffic in the year and a half since you painted it. How does it look today?
It looks fine. I left the surface textured which helps a great deal (as opposed to achieving a mirror polish).

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have one can each (12 oz.) of adhesion promotor, spray paint and clear coat. Does anyone know if that will be enough to do the two center console pieces and HVAC surround?

·
Registered
258 Posts
I attacked this mod this weekend but I was only painting the center console and the "cup" holder. The one can of Saffron yellow was not enough. I have ordered 2 more so I will have plenty. I am sure I only need one more, but can't hurt to have extra. Stan says he only needed one, but maybe I am a bad painter. Who knows.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Ok, I just did this mod today. Its currently drying as we speak. How long do I have to wait for the paint to cure before I wax it?

Thanks

101 - 108 of 108 Posts