The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

As we speak I have my wheels and diffuser at the powdercoaters. I'm getting them done in satin black. While I'm at it, I was thinking of painting my calipers as well. My first choice was yellow. I like the idea of the Blue/Black/Yellow combo. (Blue Angels sytle :shrug:) Anyway, it looked good in my head, but I made a chop of it and now I'm wondering if its a bit too much.

Please take a look and tell me what you think. I'm open to suggestions (and other chops)

Here's the before and after. Keep in mind that I have 35% tints as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
495 Posts
I think that yellow is too much of a distractor. It pulls your eyes directly to the calipers, which causes you to overlook all of the lovely lines the car has.

How about black with yellow lettering? Makes it more of a subtle hint, yet depicts your Blue Angles theme.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hate to say this it man... don't do it. You usually see this on ricers!!! Don't do it lol. Whats next bullet hole stickers. rotfl

·
Registered
140 Posts
rotflrotflrotflrotfl Or like MONSI get big brake kit -eek-
Cheers

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
I am getting my diffuser powder coated as we speak as well :) - Matte Black.

My wheels are already black and I painted my calipers with a high temperature paint. I did them black because I blacked everything out. I am going to get some orange paint and paint the "LOTUS" letters on them for a cosmetic touch. With your blue lotus, I would do the calipers ... black or blue. I don't think yellow looks good with blue there.

·
Registered
7,244 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I don't like the yellow with the blue jumps out way too much and just looks bad IMHO. The Lotus brakes are nothing special to look at I really prefer just leaving them alone.

·
Registered
55 Posts
It's personal preference of course, but as others have suggested I would stay away from the yellow - it's a bit much. If I had your color car I'd have a darker graphite gray with the same blue as your car for the lettering or black with blue lettering. I just did mine black with silver lettering.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Just for a prespective.
Michael
I have a polar blue exige and did mine with orange caliper paint and painted in the toyo R888 with orange tire paint. I think it looks pretty good. Have gotten some compliments as well. I will have to take a crappy cell phone picture and post it up.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I want a set in CLEAR! That way I can see what's going on with the brakes and service them when needed.

As for the REAL world, I vote black.

Ben

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I went flat black. I had horrible, horrible luck with G2 caliper paint (although everyone seems to like it). High temp rattle can worked much better after taping everything off.

I also sanded the calipers down to a mirror finish with a dremel and an orbital sander, which made the paint turn out much better.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Since the brakes are small, I wouldn't bring any extra attention to them with a paint color.

But if you must, don't do the yellow. Black would be best IMO, but I would like to see a pshop of orange. I think that may work well actually - somewhat of a Gulf scheme.

·
Registered
677 Posts
My original elise was the same blue and I painted the calipers red.
It looks much better than in the picture as they don't stay bright for very long so don't stand out as much.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts