Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
August – 8th Annual Lotus on my Lawn

What: 5th Annual Lotus on my Lawn
Where: Home of Larry and Deb - 455 Aster Place, Downingtown, PA. 19335
When: Saturday, August 8 noon until …….

Format: Social gathering at home of Larry and Deb

Description: It’s a low key, casual, sit on the deck, eat, and swim type of thing (or hang out front, chat, and ogle the cars). Figure on arriving around noon with eating/swimming starting whenever people get hot and/or hungry. I’ll have some burgers, dogs, and chicken to throw on the grill as well as most other related supplies. Attendees could volunteer to bring an appetizer, snack, salad, side dish, or dessert if they like. I’ll try to have several local driving routes planned out for those interested in exploring and anyone can feel free to slip off for spirited driving whenever the urge strikes. Things will end when the vast majority of people wander off

Reasons to come:
Socialize with other Lotus enthusiasts
Food
Excuse to use your Lotus

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Given the weather we've had for PALS events this year (excepting, curiously, the ones I've hosted) it will likely be during a hurricane. But as you said, well worth attending.

I have been told Victory Brewery is only about 5 minutes away and they do brewery tours. We are looking into a side trip from Larry's for a group brewery tour. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Two weeks to go, I am planning on attending. It sure would be nice to have some company.

We are considering doing a side trip to Victory Brewing. Victory Brewing Company :: Award Winning Craft Brewery

Yeah I know, we seem to think too much about beer, especially since we're driving exotic cars, but there seems to be a common interest.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hey Kyle Im planning to attend this PALS event......I know I've said it before.....but thats the last day of my vacation, so I wont hear issues of leaving the sales floor short! I may not bring a Lotus, but I may bring something better.....my son! Hope to see you then!!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hope you can make it this time Dave, and bringing the son will be very worthwhile. I like to encourage a new generation of Lotus enthusiasts.

·
Registered
115 Posts
So far only 4 Loti have been confirmed (unless Kyle somehow manages to bring his entire fleet). Don't let John (gastley) scare you off with tales of past rain.......the law of averages is now firmly on my side. Hope to see more old and new friends on Saturday!!!!

Larry

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Larry
Looks like I'll be able to make it at some point but I can only stay for a little while, I'm not sure if I'll have the Elise with me either. I'll let you know for definite later in the week.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Bruce........... looking forward to seeing you.
Cornbeef....... If no Elise, perhaps something smaller, lighter, and faster????
Michael......... Flights? I just assumed you would be DRIVING.
John (aka ghastley)..... You MUST attend in order to enjoy the non-rain.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
I'm trying to get my Dad to go since I'll be in Ca. He would either bring a ZR1 (older) or something even less Lotus but he did buy his first Lotus about 40 years ago. The 4th street Elan ever built. He's where I get "it" from.

·
Registered
115 Posts
The cast of characters fo far....

4 Elises
1 California Elise
1 Elan
2 Europas (assuming Kyle brings his newest arrival...)
1 Esprit

Oh yeah....and there are some people coming as well. All of you as-of-yet uncommitted Loti, get those recalcitrant owners to RSVP so you can join us.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Cornbeef....... If no Elise, perhaps something smaller, lighter, and faster????
maybe i can borrow kyles bike.

now i'll wait for the jokes about my fat ass on a bikerotfl

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Ok,

Although Cornbeef isn't really a fat guy.
but i still can affect the elises power to weight ratio by a double digit percentagerotfl

then again a bunch of us can:panic:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts