·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
PALS EVENT - July 18 – Golden Age Air Museum Tour / Brats and Beer at Kyle’s

What: Group tour of Golden Age Air Museum then Cookout at Kyle’s
Where: 333 Faust South Rd Bethel, PA 19507
When: July 18

Description: Meet at Kyle’s for socializing, Barn tour, and staging, then go on a short back country drive with the Golden Age Air museum as the final destination. There we will get a group tour of the collection and facility and one or more biplane ride will be raffled off. Then back to Kyle’s for Bratwurst, Beer, and some relaxation by the pool.

Format: 9-12AM Arrive at Kyle’s
12-12:30 Back road drive
12:30 Arrive at Golden Age Air Museum Golden Age Air Museum - Early Days Of Aviation
12:30- 3:00 Tour museum and get Biplane rides
* A donation of $5/person will be collected to cover cost of tour and Tickets will be sold at $10 each for a Biplane ride raffle
3:00 Leave for Kyle’s
3:10 - ? Bratwurst and Beer and Pool fun at Kyle’s

Reason to come:
Kyle’s entire collection of Lotus will be on display in the Barn – including the race cars
Biplanes rides – one or more rides will be raffled. Rides can be purchased separately as well.
Socialize with other Lotus enthusiasts
Bratwurst!
POOL!

·
Registered
221 Posts
You forgot pool! :)

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gotcha Dave. Added the Pool. HOw could I forget.

Which Lotus will you be bringing to this one?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Sounds great. Could I bring a couple friends from the DC area? What about meat, I have a great butcher just down the street...

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds great. Could I bring a couple friends from the DC area? What about meat, I have a great butcher just down the street...
Any Lotus guy is welcome. I was planning on a simple menu of Bratwurst, Baked Beans and Coleslaw. But get in touch with me closer to the event. If enough people are coming I may need to do something else.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Does the bi-plane have an inversion hold-handle on the upper wing, so I can hang inverted from it, and EXIT from altitude during this perhaps?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
i hope y'all have a blast.
i got my knew knee tuesday. that should be good by LOG.
my best to all, sam

·
Registered
6,647 Posts
i hope y'all have a blast.
i got my knew knee tuesday. that should be good by LOG.
my best to all, sam
I would hope so, that's almost a year and a half away!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Less than 4 weeks away from the event. I now have the entire Kaulback Lotus collection residing in the Barn in preparation. I am also in the process of figuring out the driving routes.

When you come you need only to bring yourself and your Lotus (and some money to cover your entry into the Museum and the Biplane ride raffle). Guests are welcome. THe pool will be open so consider bringing your bathing suit especially if you are a supermodel.

You do not need to bring food or drink but if you are inclined to do so you may. Suggestions are - a six pack of a microbrew, a bottle of wine, a six pack of soda, chips/tortilla etc, veggie tray, other picnic side dish type food.

When your reply I need to know the following (for planning purposes):

Your actual name and whether you are bringing a guest
Whether youa re bringing a Lotus, and which model
What additional stuff you plan to bring (might help to post this so others don't duplicate)
Your Camera

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
yeah, so i'm a little slow....i was referring to the thing in gettysburg, pa.
if it's NEXT year, i sure will have enough time!:wallbang:
senility sam

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I might be able to make this one
I hope you can. I'd like to see your Elite, it would be nice to have a huge variety of Lotus in attendance. Please post if you definitively decide to come.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
2 Weeks to go and I'm getting really excited to have everyone over when it is not Winter.

The full Kaulback collection is now in the Barn.

The driving route is planned out.

The RSVP's are trickling in. Here is who's coming so far.

Alan - Elise - Ice
Don and Deb - Elan - Fruit and Cheese
Monte - CA Elise - microbrew
Brian - Europa S2 - wine
Pat - Elise -wine

I really hope to get a massive number of participants and Lotus. If you are on the fence, I promise a good time to be had and much to see and do.

Happy 4th of July

·
Registered
311 Posts
I like to come also. I'm a sucker for history. I'll be driving the lotus in my avatar. Might bring the GF if she can make it. Thanks for putting this together.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Excellent, a couple of more attendees. I'm really pushing to put together a nice event, so I'm glad to see some interest.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hey Kyle, Im glad to see many are planning to attend! I will do everything I can to make sure I will be there also. That being said, I plan to bring the Exige S240 to your event. I will have a definitive answer no later than Weds. Hope to see you guys again!

Oh just an update on the S260 - its still not here. Been 3 months since we ordered it....wish I had better news.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Kyle I forgot to mention.....send me a PM I have Evora update news for ya!

1 - 20 of 122 Posts