The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
June 20 (rain date 21) - Longwood Gardens Drive and Picnic

What: Lotus at Longwood
When: Saturday, June 20 (Rain date June 21)
Where: Don Butler's house - 27 Heather Road, Port Deposit, MD 21904
Longwood Gardens – US Route 1, 3 miles northeast of Kennett Square, PA
Bruce Bubeck's house - 15 Millrace Lane, West Grove, PA 19390

Description: A day of Lotus socialization and driving. Start at host home for light breakfast and coffee along with plenty of car talk. Then drive through back-country roads with Longwood Gardens as destination. Spend time touring one of the best horticultural attractions in the region, then more Lotusing to final destination for more socializing and food. Participants may take part in any or all legs of the event.

Format:
9:30 AM - Meet at the home of Don Butler for light breakfast and coffee.

11:00 AM - Leave for back-roads driving tour.

Noon - Arrive at Longwood Gardens. Longwood Gardens - Home Page

* Tour Longwood Gardens. We will get a group rate of $12.00 per person at
Longwood if we have 15 or more participants.

3:00 PM - Depart Longwood Gardens for second back-road driving tour.

4:00 PM – Arrive at home of Bruce Bubeck for Barbeque.

Reasons to come:
An Event that the Significant Other will enjoy!
Longwood Gardens is a spectacular facility and one of the best
horticultural attractions in the region.
An excuse to break out the Lotus and socialize with other Lotus enthusiasts.
Free Food!

Reasons to come:
An Event that the Significant Other will enjoy!
Longwood Gardens is a spectacular facility and one of the best
horticultural attractions in the region.
An excuse to break out the Lotus and socialize with other Lotus enthusiasts.
Free Food!

Don Butler e-mail [email protected]
Bruce Bubeck e-mail [email protected]

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hey Kyle

I will do everythng in my power to attend this event....may bring the S240 this time!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now that the Rothrock! event is over the next PALS event comes to the forefront. There was a lot of talk of attending this event while we milled around Rothrock's lot.

There are several really nice thing about this event.

First and foremost, it is not just a car event. We are touring a fantastically beautiful botanical garden. This is one of the few events that I've even heard of where a significant other who is not into the car thing can actually participate and enjoy her(him)self.

Second, while it is set up as an all day event - which is good in my book - it is also set up so that those who are unable to spend all day playing with cars can do only one or two of the legs.

I am looking forward to it, my only dilemma is which car to drive.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
3 weeks away. I hope the weather turns to more appropriate Spring weather. All this rain should make the gardens nice though....

Also keep an eye out for upcoming PALS event announcements. Upcoming events are:

July 18 - Golden Age Air Museum tour with Biplane rides and Bratwurst BBQ at Kyle's (date not yet confirmed) Bethel PA

August 8 - 5th Annual Lotus on my Lawn Downingtown, PA

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
hey kyle
getting the new tires fitted tomorrow so jamie and i will be all set for the 20th

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reports from Bruce and Don indicate decent commitments thus far. Lets hope the weather gets better than what we've experienced thus far this year.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
It looks like I have convince my wife to do this event. We are shipping the kids off to G&G for the day!!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
2 weeks to go before the event. I am glad we have attracted a few participants who have convenced their wives that a Lotus event can be fun for them too. Hopefully they will not only like Longwood Gardens, but also enjoy the ride in the Lotus and the comraderie of the other Lotus owners.

Also mark the calendar for additional upcoming PALS events;

July 18 - Golden Age Air Museum Tour / Brats and Beer at Kyle’s
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f11...-age-air-museum-tour-brats-beer-kyle-s-74084/

August 8 - 5th Annual Lotus on my Lawn (thread not yet started) Downingtown, PA

·
Registered
410 Posts
This sounds fun. Longwood Gardens is beautiful. I will attend the second half of the event if the weather is clear.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update:

We now have approximately 15 RSVP's from various sources, so the event looks to be a lot of fun with lots of cars and people. And there is still a week to go!

Once again, the essence of club activity is to use your car, and enjoy it with other likeminded enthusiasts. If you have not yet decided to come and are on the fence, please RSVP.

A Note on the weather. When we set this event up, no one realized that Sunday was Fathers Day (our rain date). So if the forecast is for scattered thunderstorms, like it seems to have been about every day for the last 2 months, then the event will go on as planned. We will only use the rain date if the forecast is for continuous rain all day.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Missing another PALS event

Kyle,

Thanks for taking the lead on putting all of these events together. Looks like I will be missing another event. I have two birthday parties to attend on that day and one of them is my brother's kid.

I did manage however to convince the spouse that not all the Lotus events are 100% about cars. The Longwood Gardens idea is a good one.

Here's hoping the weather cooperates! :D

-Erik

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Thinking about this as well. If I can make it, I would meet you all at the gardens. And maybe bring a friend or two.

·
Registered
472 Posts
If it's not too sloppy, I'll meet you at Longwood (just inside the main gate). The weather forecast is still pretty iffy, though.
Jim

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If it's not too sloppy, I'll meet you at Longwood (just inside the main gate). The weather forecast is still pretty iffy, though.
Jim
It is likely we'll pick a spot where we can all park together somewhere in the back of the lot. Keep in mind also that if we have enough people we'll get a discount on admission, but we'll need to show up en mass.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I sent an email with my RSVP...

I will be there with the S-240
My wife, Gina, will be there with her VW EOS :rolleyes: (she won't go in the Lotus with me :D)
My friend Ron will be there with his Porsche 993 (his wife is riding with Gina)

Grew up outside of Philly... Went to Radnor HS then Villanova... It's always nice coming back to PA...

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The weather for tomorrow is predicted to have a chance of thunderstorms, which given what we've has so far this Spring is about as good as we can hope for. Nice to see some last minute responses. Between the LT people and PhillyLotus we should have a reallynice group. Looking forward to seeing everyone....

·
Registered
214 Posts
Have held out for a final commitment as long as possible but must send my regrets. Too many engagements in too many different locations on the same day. Certainly not the weather holding me back as I was out this week in your part of the world, Kyle, as you can see: Login | Facebook

And speaking of your part of the world, am keeping the Brats day in July in mind if only to see what they have done with the old Grimes Airport.

All the best for a great time tomorrow and thanks to those who worked so hard to organize the event.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts