The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 3 week old Evora is down at the dealer in southern New Jersey, I was supposed to be able to pick it up yesterday, but the necessary parts didn't arrive Friday, so they asked if they could hold it till Monday. At the time I didn't think anything of it since the storm was forecasted for Wednesday, but now its scheduled for Monday.

I called the dealer and asked if they could make sure to park the car inside for the storm, but the person who answered the phone only said "they had a lot of cars to cram in and we'll do our best, but no promises".

So now I'm stressed out that my car (my only car) is going to be parked outside during a hurricane, and it is 1.5 hours drive away. So I can't even go get it.

What do you think? Will it be outside during the Sno'reastercane, or should I move heaven and earth and go get it?

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
If you have AAA have them tow it back to your house. If the car is under your name and the registration is in the car you can have the dealer show them the registration and that way you won't have to be there for the pickup. That's what i would do.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,336 Posts
I agree with trying AAA. Even if it's beyond the covered distance it may be worth paying a little extra.

Something to consider for the future... I upgraded to AAA Premier last year for a few extra bucks. They will tow 200 miles. I did it after I bought the Lotus. And, like you, I am 1.5 hours away from the same dealer in S Jersey.

I'm now worried about my other cars at the Jersey Shore. They are safely tucked away in a huge garage but only 15 feet from the lagoon and 18" above the bulkhead. I don't know how they will fare with a 6-8' storm surge and I'm 100 miles from them. This storm may be devastating.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The dealer was able to store the car in the shop after all. The car (and all the others down there thankfully) road out the hurricane without a problem and I was able to pick it up today. It desperately needs a wash and wax, but other than that, its great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts