The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of driving the Lotus for tomorrow Padres game. Is it safe to park the Lotus downtown during the Padres game? Where is the good parking place (valet, anything is OK)? Does the car get dings, etc? Or should I just avoid driving the Lotus and drive my other car instead?

Thanks.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Well, I would take the other car.
The Elise is not much fun creeping along with a bunch of other cars downtown waiting to get in a multi-story parking garage. Plus, those parking garages can get pretty crazy after the game with everybody trying to get out of there all at once. We've had some close calls down there at game time in "regular" cars.
Why risk it? Just enjoy the game, afterall the Lotus is way more fun when you're driving it, not when it's parked in some garage for a few hours.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
gameson said:
I am thinking of driving the Lotus for tomorrow Padres game. Is it safe to park the Lotus downtown during the Padres game? Where is the good parking place (valet, anything is OK)? Does the car get dings, etc? Or should I just avoid driving the Lotus and drive my other car instead?

Thanks.
Went to the Dodger Padre game 2 wks ago, (from Rancho Cucamonga) I parked in a lot around 6th ave and F st went to the top floor and it was almost empty. Left an inning early and scooted out on 11th (I think) no problem and it was a sold out game. I feel it's the same chance I take each day parking in my lot at work. Okay maybe a little worse, that's why we have insurance.

·
Forum Founder
29,080 Posts
Other car is a better idea for general parking. I also recommend taking the trolley.

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
gameson said:

Thanks.
What does that mean, does the car get dings?

Yeah. It gets dings. Rocks. Dirt. And beer poured on it by drunk baseball fans. :eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts