The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2005 Lotus Elise. The car has no modifications, totally stock and has never been in a accident. When driving home one night, I went over a bridge on the interstate and a slight bump caused my parking lights to go out. The parking lights switch is the bottom switch on the dash, it controls the interior lights, reflector lights on all four sides and the rear stationary lights. The headlights and turn signals still work fine. I checked the fuse and it was blown. Everytime I switch out the fuse the parking lights work for 5-60 minutes after the car is driven and the fuse will blow inadvertently. I've taken my lotus to two seperate shops, one being an authorized Lotus dealership, and have had no success in determining the issue. Has anyone had this problem?

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
The bump you mentioned infers a loose connection that is grounding out. Check all connections, especially, anything loose in the trunk that may moving around and contacting the light terminals.
Otherwise, if the fuse is taking some time to blow, then it sounds like an overload as opposed to a direct short to ground, which would blow the fuse immediately. An overload can be caused by a high resistance build up from a bad connection from either a loose fit or a corrosion. Check all bulb and switch connections. Michael
I have 2005 Lotus Elise. The car has no modifications, totally stock and has never been in a accident. When driving home one night, I went over a bridge on the interstate and a slight bump caused my parking lights to go out. The parking lights switch is the bottom switch on the dash, it controls the interior lights, reflector lights on all four sides and the rear stationary lights. The headlights and turn signals still work fine. I checked the fuse and it was blown. Everytime I switch out the fuse the parking lights work for 5-60 minutes after the car is driven and the fuse will blow inadvertently. I've taken my lotus to two seperate shops, one being an authorized Lotus dealership, and have had no success in determining the issue. Has anyone had this problem?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts