The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found and replaced a loose bolt before which had fallen from the driver's side door. I believe, based upon the rattling of the glass, I may be missing another. I **THINK** this will be the size bolt I need. (1st Photo; from previous repair). In the diagram below, (2nd photo) circled in red is the bolt I replaced. I believe I am missing another (left of red circled bolt) and I am assuming they should be the same size. You can see two bolts in place in photo 3, but one is apparently missing to the left. (If anyone can recognize other missing bolts, please chime in!)

Can anyone tell me what the part number is, or how I might find it? And recommend the best place from which to order one or two?

Thank you!

·
Registered
442 Posts
This may be a silly question, but have you looked inside the door for the bolt(s)? I had the top guide rail bolt come out and it was sitting down in the bottom front (where the drain opening is). It's really hard for bolts to leave the car from the door assembly. I was missing bolt #19 in this picture. That caused my window to rattle like crazy when I closed the door.

Always a great resource for finding which part it is:

http://www.lotusgarage.com/shop/index.php?l=product_list&c=42

Once you find which bolt it is...I get all my fasteners from my local Ace Hardware store..they usually have it and it's certainly less than the dealer or the site above.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
I had the same issue. I think is is just bad assembly at the factory.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mikepal, how do you even get to bolt 19?

I have been staring at both our diagrams for 15 minutes and am not sure the bolt (s) I posted above are # 28 (m6 x 20 hex)

I need a labled diagram from Lotus Garage from the opposite direction

seems the bolt I am hunting plugs into the opposite side of the "window regulator"

·
Registered
442 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got back to this repair after two nights of camping/ hiking. Checked guide-rail screw(s) (#19 per diagram) and BOTH were intact, although the front screw seemed a bit loose.

I tightened and will keep an eye on her... will get some locktight as well. Sure wish the screw was about 1cm higher for access.

Anyhow, did some searching (sorry, but I have more luck searching by: google: lotustalk "issue" than I do on our search engine, it seems)

and found this older and useful post:

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f101/window-rattle-fixed-12269/

Rattle seams less...but I will need to drive it a bit to verify.... I tightened the fore-adjustment screw about 1 turn; Based on the writeup and sirlotus' cautions I was trepidatious about over doing it.

cheers!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts