The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Under the category of "Spare Parts", I have run across an ignition module made by BWD (reasonably good products). It was in a local auto parts store out on the counter and so I grabbed it.

Now, I fully admit that I have never been able to get any real use from the Forum Search function... just never seems to return what I think I should see... but beside the points of my ineptitude... I apologize up front if this s a double post!

As the internet has high amounts of talk regarding this (and similar modules from Summit and Pertronix)... I have been unable to locate any ACTUAL USABLE cross reference to these parts from what is a standard GM 466 module. This GM module appears in most all Lucas HEI systems. As usual, the auto parts supply houses that cross reference even toaster parts with the most obscure American cars, offer totally incomplete listings for British and other European rides... this part can be found on a number of MG, Triumph, and Jensen models.

But at any rate, this:

BWD Select CBE4 - Ignition Control Module | O'Reilly Auto Parts

...is the same as the GM 466 those of us with Lucas HEI systems will find in our AB14 Ignition modules. So should you need one - or like me you have started some sort of hoarding process regarding spares - you can pick one up at O'Riley or Autozone. However... do NOT expect the parts counter guy to be able to help you much as they will ask... "what car is gong on?" and then proceed to tell you they do not have this part.

O'Riley is a bit better in my area as hey at least seem to be able to get something by a part number.

Cameron

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I have searched... and I while I do absolutely love this forum and many of the people here.. I cannot find anything with this forum's search engine.

It is me - fully admit it.

But for example, If I search "ignition module" in the Esprit Forum, it returns a multitude of threads and post (depending on the level selected). Many that I have read through have either one word or the other... but not both. Some do not display these words at all. I can literally fond no reference in some returned data to the search words... Part number searches seem to return similar results.

There is some great stuff no doubt. But I feel as if we must stumble upon it to a large degree. For example. If I search the Esprit Forum for "BDW CBE4" the following is returned:

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f164/lotus-esprit-parts-cross-reference-110965/

However, while BDW appears, this actual part does not.
So, it seems the best way for me to impart a bit of info is put it in a new thread... ?

I have added this data to that thread BTW... Good suggestion.

Cameron

·
Registered
744 Posts
Yeah...the search engine in this forum is useless.

It's good that you put it in some of the major cross references thread. There are a couple of them. It will help a lot if people will keep adding to one thread instead of one bit.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree. Just did not think clearly through that...

I'd like to get a web page up that has all of the list out there combined... one day! After the healthcare industry collapses maybe I'll have time LOL

Cameron

1 - 6 of 6 Posts