The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know the part# for the plastic ring inserted in front of the magnifying glass in the headlight?

It is not shown in the parts catalog and my Lotus dealer is unable to find it.

Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried 2 Lotus dealers here in Europe but those rings are not known here.
Gotta have a part number.
I'd rather get the plastic one since it matches the color of the headlight housing and "disappears".

·
Registered
853 Posts
PM for you. I have the black (Stock- OEM) set that I would part with so I can get the Silver ones.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...how to remove extant scorch marks?..

...has anyone tried rectifying existing scorch marks in advance of putting in these rings?..my car has a few burns and i'd rather not pay for expensive replacement housings, which i understand cost around a thousand dollars apiece, but i don't know if simply sanding and repainting will be sufficient for the heat load from the headlamps...

·
Registered
821 Posts
...has anyone tried rectifying existing scorch marks in advance of putting in these rings?..my car has a few burns and i'd rather not pay for expensive replacement housings, which i understand cost around a thousand dollars apiece, but i don't know if simply sanding and repainting will be sufficient for the heat load from the headlamps...
could paint em...

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
In most cases, the rings pretty well hide the existing burn marks.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have burn marks in mine and my car came equiped with the rings when I purchased it new. If you are paying for the rings, don't bother they do nothing accept limit the area that may become a focal point for the magnifying effect of the lense. Later models of the car addressed the issue in the lens with a visual difference in the crease from the rest of the glass.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
The part is called a headlamp embellisher ring and the part number is A117B0721F. You will need to order 2 of them

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I have burn marks in mine and my car came equiped with the rings when I purchased it new. If you are paying for the rings, don't bother they do nothing accept limit the area that may become a focal point for the magnifying effect of the lense. Later models of the car addressed the issue in the lens with a visual difference in the crease from the rest of the glass.
If the rings extend far enough past the end of the lens they should prevent the burning. Are you sure the dealer didn't install the rings some time between when he got the car and when you bought it? If it sat on his lot for some amount of time, they could have gotten burned before the rings were in place.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
If the rings extend far enough past the end of the lens they should prevent the burning. Are you sure the dealer didn't install the rings some time between when he got the car and when you bought it? If it sat on his lot for some amount of time, they could have gotten burned before the rings were in place.
+1

·
Registered
79 Posts

The rings may have been put on by the dealer but there were no scorch marks when I got the car. I have seen them burn when parked in my garage at a certain time of day during a certain time of year with te garage door open. Of course when I realized what was happening I put something over the lens or changed the position of the car.

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Forgive me, but are these burn or scorch marks on the black part, or on the lens? I have an '06 without rings, and they have these weird scratch marks just on the outsides of the lens, but the inside of the lens looks terrible as well, like it's full of dust. Clarification?

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...no, the scorch marks are where focused sunlight melts the inside black plastic headlight housing, not the lamp itself...

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Forgive me, but are these burn or scorch marks on the black part, or on the lens? I have an '06 without rings, and they have these weird scratch marks just on the outsides of the lens, but the inside of the lens looks terrible as well, like it's full of dust. Clarification?
See this thread for pictures.

Edit: Thanks Icedog...it would have worked better if I had actually pasted the link into my post like I intended. :eek:

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts