The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
k24 swapper
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Basically I want to sell pieces of the car so I can replace it with upgrades. Anything is for sale, as long as I can find and buy a reasonably priced upgrade to replace it (for example, buy my stock rear panel so I can put that money toward a rear panel delete).

Hardtop for sale also, since my soft top is good enough. It has the typical sag in the headliner but I read on here that it's a simple little fix.

I have a 2005 yellow elise.

Quickest way to reach me is by text, 4104096738

And I just bought a house that I'm doing full renovations on by myself, so I don't have much time to ship stuff. I live in MD so if I could keep it local that would be peachy.

Also, I NEED a front clam and headlights.

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
If you don't have time to ship items you're not going to have a lot of success. I doubt you're going to find a lot of local business.

San

·
k24 swapper
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So you want people to do your research for you as well?
I suppose so. I'm still fairly new to this car, and if somebody said "hey, sell me your door panels for $200, and you can replace them with cf ones for only $150 more on such and such website", it would be of considerable help.

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
I predict this post is going to fail fail fail. The main issue is I think you are ascribing way too much value to your stock parts. As I've upgraded mine I've tried to sell off my stock parts to help fund that and you're going to find that stock parts are worth next to nothing since we all, for the most part, have those parts. Especially if you're going to ask your buyers to figure out what the upgrade/replacement will be.

While I wish you luck if you need money to fund mods I think you need to be spending your money in other/better ways. When you want to mod the car (and can afford it) do so then if your stock parts can get you enough for a case of beer count yourself lucky.

·
k24 swapper
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I predict this post is going to fail fail fail. The main issue is I think you are ascribing way too much value to your stock parts. As I've upgraded mine I've tried to sell off my stock parts to help fund that and you're going to find that stock parts are worth next to nothing since we all, for the most part, have those parts. Especially if you're going to ask your buyers to figure out what the upgrade/replacement will be.

While I wish you luck if you need money to fund mods I think you need to be spending your money in other/better ways. When you want to mod the car (and can afford it) do so then if your stock parts can get you enough for a case of beer count yourself lucky.
I agree with you. I can afford the parts, it's just common practice for me to ensure I have a buyer lined up to take away the stock stuff. I've been into cars for some time now, and experienced quite a bit of loss from parts going down in value over time. I think you might be a tiny bit jaded in your theories though. I've already had a swarm of texts, and a majority of them are from people more than happy to participate in the transaction. I've had an offer on my seats, and he offered to buy them outright, trade me one of his aftermarket seats + cash, and even gave me a link to some nice closely priced upgrades if I didnt want his seat. Another guy offered me $200 for my doors panels, and I was quickly informed that I could get cf replacements for just $150 more. The reason why I am doing this is not out of necessity, otherwise I would take the time to figure out every part I want to upgrade, see if the stock part is worth any money, see if an upgrade even exists, figure out if the price difference is worth it, find a buyer for that particular part, etc. :mw::sheep:

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
Wait.......I have an AC unit I can sell you!

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
I agree with you. I can afford the parts, it's just common practice for me to ensure I have a buyer lined up to take away the stock stuff. I've been into cars for some time now, and experienced quite a bit of loss from parts going down in value over time. I think you might be a tiny bit jaded in your theories though. I've already had a swarm of texts, and a majority of them are from people more than happy to participate in the transaction. I've had an offer on my seats, and he offered to buy them outright, trade me one of his aftermarket seats + cash, and even gave me a link to some nice closely priced upgrades if I didnt want his seat. Another guy offered me $200 for my doors panels, and I was quickly informed that I could get cf replacements for just $150 more. The reason why I am doing this is not out of necessity, otherwise I would take the time to figure out every part I want to upgrade, see if the stock part is worth any money, see if an upgrade even exists, figure out if the price difference is worth it, find a buyer for that particular part, etc. :mw::sheep:
Well you do seem to have a better attitude than came across (to me anyway) from your original post and given that you probably won't fail as bad as I'm thinking. And yes, there are a few key parts that will sell quickly (seats, door cards, etc) it's the stuff like say the rear panel, panel behind the seats, etc. that will be really hard to move. I read your first post as "buy my stock stuff so I can upgrade" and that's where you lost me.

I do wish you the best of luck - if there were any stock parts left on my car I'd consider doing the same I suppose!

·
k24 swapper
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I understand you guys have a need to make jokes at my expense, but I merely said that it would be a good HELP if people suggested replacements parts to me, as I am new to this car and having a hard time finding resources.
If you don't have the ability to understand my intentions, please don't continue to mud the waters with whatever pictures or quips you deem relevant.

·
k24 swapper
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well you do seem to have a better attitude than came across (to me anyway) from your original post and given that you probably won't fail as bad as I'm thinking. And yes, there are a few key parts that will sell quickly (seats, door cards, etc) it's the stuff like say the rear panel, panel behind the seats, etc. that will be really hard to move. I read your first post as "buy my stock stuff so I can upgrade" and that's where you lost me.

I do wish you the best of luck - if there were any stock parts left on my car I'd consider doing the same I suppose!
I probably should have just said "lotus elise part out" with no explanation at all. Because that's pretty much the goal, to move this car as far away from stock as possible as quickly as possible.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts