The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What holds it down. leading edge of mine just popped up on way home like it disconnected. Is it velcro like cover on the other side?

·
Premium Member
8,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Come on now, we know I'm not the only one.

My search yielded a conflicting form of attachment. Some say bolted, some say clipped. Its the edge of cover towards the passenger that has popped up on both ends. If it could be removed easily I'd be perfectly happy just velcroing it into place so if it periodically warps, I can easily remove it, heat it and reshape it. Any thoughts on this?

·
Banned
3,229 Posts
There a 4 little plastic clips that screw into the back of the panel (6M X 1.0) that has a double barb on the forward side of them. They snap into the dash structure. They are designed to break off. If you remove that panel, those plastic clips must be replaced. The P/N for that passenger airbag cover clip is B121U0117F. You will need 4 of them.

·
Premium Member
4,135 Posts
Well the title doesn't state that and his user name is BRGelise.....just sayin!

·
Premium Member
4,135 Posts
Sounds fair F1!

·
Premium Member
8,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanx, Evora part that holds the cover #16 is what I need. Looks like it takes 4 of those part #17 fasteners to hold down the cover. 2 front towards sides and 2 in back. Looks like I'm going to gently pry up and hopefully get access to rear clips to snip off. Seems pretty apparent that access from underneath would be futile. Again once I assess the situation it might be ??better to just reattach with velcro! If anyone has removed this cover and learned something, let me know. Leather perfectly fine, it just feels like a fastener poped free and won't sit back down.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Brg, if it's not too much trouble, snap a few pics as you go through the process so people know what to expect, etc. I'm sure this will come up more as many cars start to roll off of warranty coverage and have to fend for themselves.

·
Registered
795 Posts
no it's attached on via a 90-degree large metal clip. Unfortunately these covers are foam and warp over time, which causes the clips to come loose.
Not that the factory couldn't have taken that into consideration during the design stage. :facepalm

·
Premium Member
8,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
SO??? has anyone removed one of these? I'm starting to think I'm about to break the cover because its more than 4 #17 fasteners holding it?? The pics are nice and appreciated, but I guess I'll call my tech to see how he has dealt with this recurrent issue before I bust it. Its still under warranty so I'll just save it. Actually in discussion with them about my increasingly noisy transfer. They have notes from time car was new and as season is near an end, its probably a good time to deal with this if necessary.

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
SO??? has anyone removed one of these? I'm starting to think I'm about to break the cover because its more than 4 #17 fasteners holding it?? The pics are nice and appreciated, but I guess I'll call my tech to see how he has dealt with this recurrent issue before I bust it. Its still under warranty so I'll just save it. Actually in discussion with them about my increasingly noisy transfer. They have notes from time car was new and as season is near an end, its probably a good time to deal with this if necessary.
Perhaps this photo of the cover will help.

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
My corner popped a few weeks ago and I noticed it on my (long) drive to the dealer for a regular service.

I was told at the dealer it required the dash to come out to access it properly. So, I had them note it for the future but figured I'd wait and see what else goes wrong so the dash only has to come out once since I am still under warranty..

1 - 20 of 40 Posts