The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Bwahahaha!!!! These cars really are variably built :)

Those screws are molded with the expander bit, and need to be snapped off & then screwed into the base. Someone's just loosely popped 'em in there & forgotten about them.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Dan, last time you posted you said you were taking your car into the dealer in mid-March. Hopefully they got your cruise control and other electrical gremlins sorted. Did they also update your door locks?

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
TADTS--they always do that,. British cars seem to have this mesmerizing effect on any who works on them rotfl

Ever see the one with the 2x4 holding up the the silencer? heh.. I've found few things like this on my own car. They're usually small things you can fix yourself. When the British builders talk about attention to detail, they respond, "Details, details, of course!! huhuhuhuh!"

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dan, last time you posted you said you were taking your car into the dealer in mid-March. Hopefully they got your cruise control and other electrical gremlins sorted. Did they also update your door locks?
The appointment had to be canceled because the parts for the door campaign have not arrived. We are rescheduled for April 24. Regarding the electrical gremlins, they settle down for a while and then they return. The cruise control is back to only working intermittently after working steadily for a few weeks. The electric fault tell tale wrench went away for a few weeks, but has returned.

Otherwise, I am enjoying the car and driving it daily except when the weather threatens.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Washing my new Evora and found this:

Last week I pulled my door panel to fix some rattles. Two of my plastic screws looked the same as yours. I figured when they did my door locks they forgot to tighten things up. Unfortunately these items can become loose over time. I changed mine to a BMW version that fit perfectly and will not work loose over time I dont have a part #. I had some left over parts from an audio upgrade on one of my German cars. What happens: The bottom of the door panel is held in by 5 plastic screws unfortunately overtime they follow gravity and work loose. The Lotus versions are not the best and if used more than a few times they don’t hold. The BMW versions are a very tight fit and the plastic screws have a deeper thread so they will not back out by movement. ;)

·
Registered
498 Posts
Now you know what to say when someone asks you if it is a kit car
The problem it’s a Hand Built car. I took my 900 mile Evora apart to fix some rattles all resolved and I am happy for now.
Earlier today I went to a viewing of the new Ferrari 458 Italia Convertible that cost 352k. When we walked into the room the first thing I noticed was the passenger door panel below the door handle did not fit flush with the body of the car. Driver side was perfect passenger side was pushing out by .25 of an inch. The GM said can you say HAND BUILT. The car is being deliverd to its new owner next week.

·
Registered
6,222 Posts
The problem it’s a Hand Built car. I took my 900 mile Evora apart to fix some rattles all resolved and I am happy for now.
Earlier today I went to a viewing of the new Ferrari 458 Italia Convertible that cost 352k. When we walked into the room the first thing I noticed was the passenger door panel below the door handle did not fit flush with the body of the car. Driver side was perfect passenger side was pushing out by .25 of an inch. The GM said can you say HAND BUILT. The car is being deliverd to its new owner next week.
I saw so many 458 with the front bumper not flush with the fenders. :D

Germany is the only way to go in Europe. :cool:

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I saw so many 458 with the front bumper not flush with the fenders. :D...
Strange, I saw a old testorossa, and the first thing that caught my eye was how absolutly perfect every panel gap was.

Lotus has some pretty bad panel gapes everywhere, but at least they are the same gap on drivers, and passenger sides.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts