The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Flops a lot when opening and closing the door, moves easily to the touch. Feels like some clips must not be clipped or something. Anyone know where to push or now to take the door panel off to find out? All else is working fine. Or is this just “hand made” issues? The driver side door is perfect.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
This thread may help. I posted some photos on how to remove/install the door panels. Pretty easy.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This thread may help. I posted some photos on how to remove/install the door panels. Pretty easy.
that looks like exactly what I need to do. I’d bet my hooks on the back need to be reglued on as well. You have to take the handle off first and then the lower part of the door before raising the panel out?

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Correct. Follow the directions I listed. Taking your time still should be 20-30 min first time.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
I'd bet the hooks are ok. Probably was just mis-mated. If you had your windows tinted, they likely pulled the door cards for that. Should be pretty easy repair.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did have them tinted, you think those guys pulled it loose? Is there an easier way to “reset” this thing without pulling the entire panel off?

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
I would absolutely loosen all the items like you're going to remove the entire panel to re-situate it. Big chance that you'll break, bend, or tweak something otherwise.

I had my windows tinted. Poor guy was instructed NOT to pull the door cards by his managers. One window went fine. The other tore the film 7 TIMES when window would cycle up/down when opening the door. After the 7th time of removing/replacing the film, his manager finally authorized the pulling of the door card. Guy worked on this 1 door for 3 hours. They do Ferrari's, McLarens, Lambos, Rolls, etc, so they were extremely careful and tedious.
Your folks may have pulled the card or worse just pried it back.:(:(

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think they just pulled it back. Probably broke something. They certainly didn’t take the panel off.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Get flashlight and look into the gap of the pict you posted. Should be able to see the end tab (there are 3 along top edge) and whether the end one is broken or not. Here's what you're looking at with the panel/card off. Those are the 3 tabs sticking down along the top edge. Would likely take a lot of pressure to break those tabs and you'd likely see deformity on the outside along the leather. Again, it's likely a 20 minute job to loosen the panel and resituate/reseat it. If it was mine, I'd do the job myself with the information at hand.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Being that it's a GT, it's likely under warranty, why not take to dealer?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
363 Posts
Same happened to me and it still slightly happening.

Most door panels have the tabs on top that go into the door molded into the panel. The Evora has 4-5? big tabs (1/4 the size of a deck of cards) GLUED onto the panel, then those tabs slide into the door. On mine, nearly all those tabs unglued from the panel so they just sit in the holes doing nothing. I tried to fix it quick with Super Glue but it didn't hold. The dealer then fixed it again, but many still are not holding well.

Many passengers also pull on the top of the panel to close the door, which adds to failure.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
any chance that I could call you sometime this week to go over this procedure for 5 min? At least to help me get started?

I would absolutely loosen all the items like you're going to remove the entire panel to re-situate it. Big chance that you'll break, bend, or tweak something otherwise.

I had my windows tinted. Poor guy was instructed NOT to pull the door cards by his managers. One window went fine. The other tore the film 7 TIMES when window would cycle up/down when opening the door. After the 7th time of removing/replacing the film, his manager finally authorized the pulling of the door card. Guy worked on this 1 door for 3 hours. They do Ferrari's, McLarens, Lambos, Rolls, etc, so they were extremely careful and tedious.
Your folks may have pulled the card or worse just pried it back.:(:(

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I looked with a flashlight, looks to me like the top of the “tab” on the panel might be torn or broke or something. Seems to be pulling away from the interior door panel at the top.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I took mine off the first night of ownership, even under warranty. I recall it was some effort to pull off the cover on the handle.
I can be available also.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts