The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
  • So, the dreaded rub. I hoped that there was enough adjustability on the hinge’s door side. No go. I only need a few millimeters to clear. What’s my next move? Is there any adjustability at the body side of hinge? Can I possibly get to those hinge bolts by removing fender liner? -or- Will I have to remove clam to gain access to those and/or top attachment point of A Panel? Ugh. 😫

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Try adjusting the hinge cover first since that's the easiest - loosen the two bolts on the underside of the car and the one by the sill and see if they give you enough leeway to reposition it then tighten them down while holding the new position.

·
Premium Member
2005 Elise LSS Saffron Yellow
637 Posts
Your pic of the hinge itself shows a fair bit of bushing wear. Does the door line up with the body properly when it closes?

·
Registered
952 Posts
I had this same issue and fixed it by adjusting the door hinge cover panel at both the chassis and clam attachment points. Fairly straight forward but you will have to drill out the rivets on the door sill filler panel. See diagram is post #2 above.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts