The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving my 06 last night and noticed that the passenger headlight would flicker then shut off for a random amount of time and then come back on. All the other lights are fine. Any clue where I should start hunting?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Trace the problem from the headlight backwards (bulb, wires, etc...).

If you installed an after market passenger headlight flickering module, you should remove it.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Probably a bad bulb, replace and see if that fixes it. When my bulb was on it's last legs a while back I could knock on the lens cover and it would flicker or even go out then come back on. Replaced the bulb and all was/is fine

·
Older but getting faster
530 Posts
My low beam bulbs went out so I repalced them all with Silverstars. Big improvement for a relatively small price. Headlamp assembly is a REAL weak spot in the Elise design.

·
Registered
244 Posts
My bulb was blown. All better for now. Although the last bulb didnt last long and had been flickering for a while.

I hear a lot of talk about Osram's being superior to Silverstar's. What's weird is that I bought a pack of Silverstar's at Auto Zone and on the plate of the bulb it says Osram.:shrug:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts