The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, i drove my S4 to work today and hadn't driven it for a long while and boy did it feel good! Left work and it was dark so I turned on my headlights to see that only one side would go up while the other side would try to go up lookkiing like it was winking at on coming cars.

So my question is is the motor also used on other vehicles like maybe the Trans Am etc? I found a motor on Ebay that looks similar but it is for the Elan.

Any info guys?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Never mind I found my answer.

Thanks!

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
6,095 Posts
Hope you are only going to replace the parts, not the entire motor:

Rodney Dickman's Automotive Accessories

You can get the Delrin bushings from other sources now, but the instructions that come with this kit are quite easy to follow, and cover everything.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

You can get the Delrin bushings from other sources now, but the instructions that come with this kit are quite easy to follow, and cover everything.
Thanks! I knew I should have waited for replies here before I jumped the gun. :facepalm

Just placed the order on Ebay and I think it's from the same company. I will however order the kit for the driver's side.

·
'94 S4
238 Posts

Good call. I had exactly the same problem and the rebuild kit worked fine. Did both headlights though. Consider doing both.

·
Registered
80 Posts
be sure to check and tighten the brackets on the side of the motors; they move the actual light pod. motor might work, but loose brackets won't move anything. happened to me.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
be sure to check and tighten the brackets on the side of the motors; they move the actual light pod. motor might work, but loose brackets won't move anything. happened to me.
Yes, that's the first thing I checked.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good call. I had exactly the same problem and the rebuild kit worked fine. Did both headlights though. Consider doing both.
Yes, I ordered the kit to do the other side and keeping a set as a spare.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts