The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've realized that when I come back in for a drive, I'll shut the car off. If I need to open the passenger side door after I get out, it's always locked. I have to lock the car, then hit the unlock button on the fob twice to open the passenger side door.

Is this normal? It seems like when I go to open the passenger side door, it should open after I hit the unlock button on the fob...am I crazy?!

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is that a yes I'm crazy or is that a yes for it's not doing what it's supposed to and I have to bring it in...?! LoL

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
You don't have to press the lock button though. Just hit unlock twice. If you do it when you first unlock the car, both sides stay unlocked. But the default one click only does driver side

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You don't have to press the lock button though. Just hit unlock twice. If you do it when you first unlock the car, both sides stay unlocked. But the default one click only does driver side
That's what I'm saying. If I do it when the car is locked, it's fine...one button press unlocks driver door twice unlocks passenger side door.

My issue is when I park the car and get out, no matter how many times I hit the unlock button, the passenger side door won't unlock. I have to lock the door, then hit it twice to open it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts