The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure what is going on. I went out to vacuum my car since the weather wasn't insanely hot to find out the passenger side floor mat is damp. I figured maybe someone somehow spilled something somehow without me knowing sitting less than a foot away but the next day its still there. I pulled out the mat and the floor itself is damp to. I'm completely stumped as to what it could be.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Not sure what is going on. I went out to vacuum my car since the weather wasn't insanely hot to find out the passenger side floor mat is damp. I figured maybe someone somehow spilled something somehow without me knowing sitting less than a foot away but the next day its still there. I pulled out the mat and the floor itself is damp to. I'm completely stumped as to what it could be.
Any ideas?
Most likely a window leak (common). Has there been rain, sprinklers, or car wash on passenger side in the last few weeks?

If you use the air conditioner, it could be its condensation drain tube blocked or kinked.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There has been rain but I haven't noticed any water inside the car other than the damp mat and under. I might have just missed it. I know the carwash will cause it to leak if it gets sprayed directly on the window so I avoid spraying the window area where the water would hit it hard enough to leak. I didn't think the rain would cause the dampness as it didn't pour but it is possible. I'll have to check the tube out to make sure.

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Any pets in the passenger seat? ;)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Do a search. I've read about this before. IIRC, it was coming from one of the openings from the front bay that enters the passenger compartment - not sure though. I read it a while ago.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts