The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever had the coupling between the oil line and the oil block leak? (I can best describe where this is by saying next to the oil pan there is a block where the oil filter is located, there is a nipple on there also, that is where these two hoses are plugging into) It is on the passenger side and the coupling is fitted with a washer and looks like a sort of ring also. The driver side line is fine! but the passenger side which is probably like a 25mm or bigger wrench needed to squeeze it on tighter. I know I put a 1 inch on it and it was too small.

I'm taking it to autoeurope monday (Hopefully they can fit me in! if not ill just go buy a wrench and do it myself)

The leak is small. Tiny drips and leave a small little amount on the pan that then drips to the ground. Just started on Friday and I was able to take the panel off today and inspect it. Looks like I just need to loosen it and then tighten it back down!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

im 100% sure its RIGHT there! My father and I got it up in the air today and really wiped everything down... then turned it on... saw the oil start to leak from right there. Just where we were we didnt have a wrench large enough.

if auoteurope can't fit me in then I'll just do it myself... but AE is only about 20 mins from me ;) i'll just go sit at the service shop at 7am and beg them to help me out!

cuz I'm leaving for the dragon on Wed AM.

Plus the same day the oil started to leak... my front right low beam bulb died lol.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Where is the dip stick tube im having trouble locate it. I believe i have a leak somewhere in that area also.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Where is the dip stick tube im having trouble locate it. I believe i have a leak somewhere in that area also.
Not sure myself... I know getting under there though definitely cleared it all up for me ;) It took only a few minutes to unbolt everything and have it jacked in the air!

Was almost instant after turning the car that we saw the spot and the drip! Prior to drying it all off we thought it was from the nipple itself. But its 100% from that connector I circled! Looked like it just needs to be retightened!

NOW! what I noticed was that all the lines there we painted with a green line... the one that is leaking was definitely adjusted before! Would this line at all be moved during 1k service warranty? or could it really have jiggled itself to the new point?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Another AMAZING JOB by Auto Europe here in Birmingham MI!! :) I got there right at 7am! They had a list of cars to finish by the end of the day but they squeezed me in right away after explaining that I was leaving for a long trip with the car in a day!

They repaired the leak! Not only on the one coupling! But they did both just to be safe ;) Fixed my burnt out low beam! Fixed my drivers side window screw also!! AMAZING JOB!! I can't rave about this company enough!

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
I've had the leak for a year now. Used to be very minor, but this time @12K, the entire undertray was a mess. I did what you did. Clean everything up super well and hunt!! I did notice that there was a drip next to the filter before I took it off so that was my bogry. I, too found, esp the left side oil line to be lass than snug, and it jives with where I found the drip, let's hope. Great picks. I was swearing too much to get my camera. As we all know, not much room to work on ramps under there!!!! I ran car up to full temp, and will go back out in an hour to inspect. Couldn't see any seepage while running. Couldn't be much oil cause I was down only a cup in 4K miles. Bet the mounter torquing on its mounts affects those lines over time. Its probablt not the bolts getting loose, rather its the lines working and it turn causing the bolts to back out a hair!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Is this the leak that shows up dripping from the joint near the rear diffuser? I think my elise just started this - I looked throughout the engine as much as I could see without having the car on a lift or any of the undertrays off and could not find a leak. It makes sense this may be what you all are talking about. I let the car idle for 10 min or so and did not see the leak. It must be minor - makes the undertray from the exhaust back to the lowest point of the rear undetray damp with oil, although the dipstick level still looks good. May this be the leak you all are talking about??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts