The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Car is 2 weeks old, 2013 S IPS

Tried to roll down window, didn't work. Noticed that when i open and close door it doesn't do the 1/4 inch rolldown/up.

1. Tried the switch reset, hold down up a few seconds, a few seconds up etc.
2. Checked fuse, good.
3. Disconnected battery for a min, hooked it back up.

Still nothing, no clicking or power sounds at all. I had my 5 year old in car earlier, could he have pressed some mystery button etc?

Thanks in advance

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
umm....Warranty.......

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
try pulling the switch out (just use a plstic knife or similar to not mar the leather, itll pop right out) and check connections and for corrosion. Outside of that, I would just let the dealership deal with it but luckily its a pretty simple system back there.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No change, switch lights up and everything looks brand new. Window doesn't even auto roll down 1/4 inch when door opens and vise versa. It was working yesterday fine? Guess this will be one of those Lotus issues you always hear about. I have to take it to lotus for 1000 mile maintenance in a week or two so maybe they can fix this. Also have an issue with the IPS hard shifting down into 2nd gear.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
The same thing happened to me a few months back. No 1/4 movement. Then I pushed the XXXX button again. It rolled down and never came back up - beware!
Turned out to be the window motor. It was replaced under warranty and has been swell ever since.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The same thing happened to me a few months back. No 1/4 movement. Then I pushed the XXXX button again. It rolled down and never came back up - beware!
Turned out to be the window motor. It was replaced under warranty and has been swell ever since.
Thanks,

Do the dealers have these types of parts in stock and was it an over night type of fix? I don't want this car sleeping around :)

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
In a case where the car is drivable, a typical scenario would be for the dealer to have you bring the car in for a "diagnosis" before they order parts. It would probably take only an hour or two to confirm what needs to be done. But then you would need to bring the car back for the actual fix once they are ready to do the work.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This morning still didnt work. After work i opened the passenger door and the window did its 1/4 inch auto rolldown and up. The window also works normal by switch. Could it be when i washed it a tiny little bit of water could have done this and it died out?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts