The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I have a situation where I am trying to pass emissions with my TC Exige. I heard that any good tuner would be able to shut off my O2 sensors which is whats causing me to fail the test in my belief due to my aftermarket exhaust. can anyone clarify this information and possibly lead me in the direction of a good tuner near the Chicago area. thanks!

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Hey everyone I have a situation where I am trying to pass emissions with my TC Exige. I heard that any good tuner would be able to shut off my O2 sensors which is whats causing me to fail the test in my belief due to my aftermarket exhaust. can anyone clarify this information and possibly lead me in the direction of a good tuner near the Chicago area. thanks!
what code(s) are you throwing? also, can you verify you are even running a CAT on your 'aftermarket exhuast'?

& who told you a 'good tuner will shut off the o2 sensor" :huh: ? A couple options are available to trick the sensor into reading normal levels, but you wont be turning anything off when it comes to sensors.

I'm going to be brutally honest here & say that I think you have a bit more to learn about your exige... some valuable information you need already exists on these forums if you put in just a small amount of time & research on the internet -poke-

·
Registered
7,243 Posts
Yes turning off the sensors will result in a "not ready" reading.

There are various strategies to fool the downstream sensor. Resistors (did not work for me) and at least a couple of tubes that get the sensor out of the exhaust flow.

Usually it is the removal of the catalytic converter and replacing it with a decat that produces the problem. If your state or guys do a visual inspection that's very easy to see.

But as dw said, this has been discussed a lot.

If all else fails you can just replace it all with stock once a year. What a pain though.

I felt fine doing this on a car rarely used on the street but it not legal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts