The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My '05 Elise was set up with active arming of the alarm = meaning it did not automatically, by itself, immobilize and alarm itself sitting after so many minutes. I had to manually, with the FOB button, arm and disarm the alarm system. That is how i liked it set up.

Today, while in garage working, my car sat unlocked and un-armed (no alarm and no immobilization), but somehow, with key/alarm FOB in my pocket, pressure leaning or tight pants or whatever, I heard the car alarm beep and noticed that the car armed itself. The immobilizer light was flashing and the alarm was armed (although the doors were unlocked). I could wave my hand inside the interior and the motion detector set off the alarm!!!!

I am able to turn the alarm/immobilizer on and off using the key FOB as designed, however it is now passively arming itself without my actions. I don't want this and don't understand what the FOB in my pocket did? How do I return it to the way it was??? I didn't go through ignition keys on and off and all that jazz to change it inadvertently, so hopefully it will be an easy simple step to return everything to the way it was???
anyone know how to fix this???

Remember, I did NOT do anything with turning on/off the ignition and using my PIN for this to make a change on its own or via the accidental key FOB button press while in my pants pocket - WHY???? What's going on here????

thanks
TED

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just an update. now it is back to normal (active arming mode) and without any action on my part to correct this. Weird or what???

·
purveyor of lightness
4,080 Posts
My '05 Elise was set up with active arming of the alarm = meaning it did not automatically, by itself, immobilize and alarm itself sitting after so many minutes. I had to manually, with the FOB button, arm and disarm the alarm system. That is how i liked it set up.

Today, while in garage working, my car sat unlocked and un-armed (no alarm and no immobilization), but somehow, with key/alarm FOB in my pocket, pressure leaning or tight pants or whatever, I heard the car alarm beep and noticed that the car armed itself. The immobilizer light was flashing and the alarm was armed (although the doors were unlocked). I could wave my hand inside the interior and the motion detector set off the alarm!!!!

I am able to turn the alarm/immobilizer on and off using the key FOB as designed, however it is now passively arming itself without my actions. I don't want this and don't understand what the FOB in my pocket did? How do I return it to the way it was??? I didn't go through ignition keys on and off and all that jazz to change it inadvertently, so hopefully it will be an easy simple step to return everything to the way it was???
anyone know how to fix this???

Remember, I did NOT do anything with turning on/off the ignition and using my PIN for this to make a change on its own or via the accidental key FOB button press while in my pants pocket - WHY???? What's going on here????

thanks
TED
This is EXACTLY WHAT happened to me on Friday. Hopefully it returns to normal again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts