The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Way too complicated rules for passwords. I am not too worried about a hacker on a Lotus information sharing site. Makes site use daunting

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
Yep. Dumb as Hell. They think the sky is falling. And trust me they will think up even more remarkably bothersome stuff.

But I believe eventually calmer minds will prevail. Better authentication that does not require a separate hobby will come round.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Finally rejoined after 6 months out due to password issues. These guys are tough, my life lock password is easier ! Now to just get my old stuff back. I used to be smokin orange in a past LT life

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
It is certainly not this site that is the only one doing it, pretty soon we will have 45 digit not repeating alpha numeric passwords changed every 4 weeks, with phone verification.

All because servers cannot keep our data secure.

With simple setup it is virtually impossible to guess a 4 digit password.

with maximum 5 tries and 10 seconds after failure you do not have the time to guess a password

but when the server data and the hashed passwords, they have infinite time to guess passwords

so because the software engineers is boobs, we have crazy passwords

·
Administrator
1,423 Posts
@Hutty send a PM to this account confirming the email on the smokin orange account and we'll update the details and get you back using that account no problem. In regards to the passwords guys, unfortunately it's a case of it is what it is kind of thing. The higher up make the rules with the passwords. Hopefully in the future we can find an easier system that works better but for the time being these rules will be sticking around. Sorry for the inconvenience, let me know if anyone needs anything else.

Niall

1 - 8 of 8 Posts