The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that KG is rare but do they bring more money because of it? Looking at an 06 Elise.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,685 Posts
Not as high a premium as Chrome Orange ( The most expensive -- and fastest color )

·
Registered
233 Posts
I know that KG is rare but do they bring more money because of it? Looking at an 06 Elise.
Love it or hate it color...personally, I wouldn't pay more for it.

·
Premium Member
5,176 Posts
Color of the car does not add value, but it does add desirability. Just be sure to wait and find the car with the right color and options you desire. You will be happier in the long run. I waited six months and brought it home from 3000 miles away. I couldn't be happier.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
I had to look for 2 years to find a KG Elise for sale that wasn't over 30-35k. It's worth the wait.

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Sure! If KG is your color it's at least worth more to you. I'm a sucker for Polar Blue. If I was in the market I would offer more for PB (all else being equal) even though others might turn away.

If these cars were as plentiful as Honda Civics, it would be more of a commodity market...

·
Registered
167 Posts
Supply and demand - if there are few cars with that color and high demand for them, the price will be higher.

I know that personally when I found my car, I placed a higher value on it based on the color (Chrome Orange and Kryton Green were my two top choices). That being said of course, other factors such as overall condition, location, etc. played a part as well.

·
Registered
978 Posts
It's all in what you want. It's a love or hate color. I personally love mine. I paid more but it had more to do with the condition than the color.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thats was wht I was thinking, I wouldnt mind paying a slight premium for color but the one I was looking at is just way off base.So my search continues for KG,or possibly yellow.

·
Registered
760 Posts
I see it as both ways really. You could have someone that tries to lowball a few thousand more just because KG "isn't their thing." And someone that will fly across the country and pay your asking because hes been waiting 6+ months for a KG to pop up.

Irrespective of specific color and car, I'd definitely pay more for my preferred color so if KG is your top color, shell out the extra.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
all the eliges are relatively rare. Don't let a seller convince you his is any more precious than other comparables. For every person that thinks KG is fantastic there is another who would never consider a car in that color.

My neighbor used to have a KG or IG elise. I am pretty sure it could be seen from space.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
all the eliges are relatively rare. Don't let a seller convince you his is any more precious than other comparables. For every person that thinks KG is fantastic there is another who would never consider a car in that color.

My neighbor used to have a KG or IG elise. I am pretty sure it could be seen from space.
I agree. I like mine in Yellow, but couldn't do KG. It's like washed out Skittle Green.

Attachments

·
Registered
310 Posts
I wanted Chrome Orange as my first choice. Saffron Yellow was my second choice. In the end the right car at the right price and right time was yellow. I pulled the trigger and never looked back.

In the end the Lotus is so darn much fun, you end up happy with what you get and somehow can't imagine it any other way. Glad I got Yellow.

·
Registered
334 Posts

What if it is a MoMo edition? :D

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
The highly coveted Momo edition is only available in Mama's Red. Power on BOTH windows! Rastafarian Flywheel!

·
Registered
6,490 Posts
I'd pay far less. And then I'd have it painted.

San
What he said. If KG were the only color the Elige came in, I wouldn't own one. Cannot stand the color.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Colors really are a matter of taste and purpose. I wanted "please don't ticket me" Storm Titanium. I felt like the lines of the car needed to take center stage, rather than the color. If I ever repaint my car, it will not be one of the standard colors; Black Cherry Pearl would look nice on the car.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts