The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I have a question for you paypal ppl.:D

I paid someone for a mercedes bumper and didn't pay much attention to it afterwards and when I noticed I hadn't received it yet,(about 30 days after, I know I know I shud've checked earlier) they told me it would cost an extra 100.00 since UPS or w/e said it was too big. I said no and to refund my money and they said they would(I guess to stall since you cant file a dispute after 45 days) and I thought they would and then I filed a dispute and paypal said it was too late. How can I track/find someone through their paypal address?

Any input is appreciated. Thanks you guys know everything!:bow:

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
was the paypal payment from your bank acct or credit card..If via cc you usually can dispute with the cc company up to 90 days...that is why whenever I use paypal I do it via credit card....

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
was the paypal payment from your bank acct or credit card..If via cc you usually can dispute with the cc company up to 90 days...that is why whenever I use paypal I do it via credit card....
ALWAYS use credit cards, for this reason.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
The one time I tried to dispute via paypal they were not very helpful so I instead disputed with Mastercard and got my money back....

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
ive had 3 pay pal fails thios year alone. one of which i think im on the wrong side of...

anyway. with the first 2, they did nothing for me at all. i had to contact the CC.

anyway, now it seems my pay pal is frozen....

aggravating.

ive learned, start with the CC company.

·
Registered
29 Posts
OK, Pay Pal is a service. They are awful and should be outlawed. I mistakenly gave them my banking information because I thought I had to to open an account. I noticed they billed me for a couple charges that I didnt approve of, (transaction fees ). I didn't like the fact that they had control of my acct. to use as they see fit so I tried to remove my banking info. but it said I must enter my credit card info first, so I did, the next page showed all of my info now. They would NOT and still WILL NOT remove my bank account info. I was buying a racing suit from this guy in Indiana, he kept my money. I had gotten very sick and had to ne admitted to the hospital for emergency surgery. Pay Pal would not let me file a dispute because my time had expired by the time I was well emough to deal with it. They are criminals.

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
I don't think paypal is the criminal, the people who took your money and then sent you nothing are criminals. I've never had mystery charges show up in my account. I have only had one dispute and it is similar to a BBB complaint I am learning. Basically, you back and forth and try to resolve it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts