The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
The big ? is :

Who earns something on that stuff? It's more than cheap... :crazyeyes
Is Stefano d’Aste able to produce that stuff and sell with a profit at all? What about PB?

Very strange... OR is something messed up in the shop calculation or pricelist ?

If the price is right, what about the quality?

I know PB but never worked with them. All I can do for now is wonder...

Cheers
Luke

·
likes to drive fast
1,127 Posts
No wonder PB sounds familiar. It's own by Stefano D'aste whom btw is a rude and a lousy touring driver. He should just race RC cars or something.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Who tested the intake tube as it is different length etc?

·
Registered
396 Posts
I'm wondering if the header install is DIY'able over a weekend. I have air tools and can swing a wrench . . . for the price, that would be a no-brainer upgrade. I am concerned however that I don't see a place for the O2 sensor to screw into the PB headers.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I emailed with Danilo at PB, and he was very helpful in answering my questions. I will share a synopsis here for the benefit of anyone who might have the same questions as me:

From me:
I am interested in the Evora headers. Do they bolt up to the stock down pipe? Are any other modifications needed for install? Do you guys have any dyno results before and after the install of the headers?
Where do the O2 sensors plug in? Is an extension required? Do these headers cause the check engine light to come on?
How hard is the install for these? I have air tools and floor jacks (no lift) and have done an an exhaust on my Audi A4. Is this swap something a novice like myself could handle?

PB:
The headers are plug and play, we’ll soon have dyno results for them.
there is no O2 extension required, they plug in into the manifolds and the standard O2Sensors are fine. It might cause the check engine light to come on once, it depends from the type of evora.
The work is not hard to do, a bit tricky for the front side one, which you have to unfit the rear interiors so that you can reach it from the panel. The rear one is much more easier.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I questioned PB about their currency conversions and they said they have made a mistake.

"Yes, i do a Mistake; i correct the currency change
Our shop isn’t completely started yet, so I have to correct something"

·
Registered
436 Posts
I asked PB Racing for the pipe diameters on their header manifolds and they replied, "We’ve 3 types of Exhaust Manifold with different diameters: each one is made according to the use you do (if you use the car only on the road, only on the track or both)"

I'm going to ask them for their recommended size for "both" use.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts