1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
A good example of why I couldn't live in CA. How far can dumbing down go? When does the book burning start? Where's my medication? :rolleyes:

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
I would have expected to see that come out of Berkeley, not LA! Either way, it really is ridiculous. I realize that people living in other states probably see stuff like this happening in California and laugh at it (rightfully so). They should watch out though, for a trend like this could easily spread like a fungus (and appears to be doing so).

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
It's definitely not secluded to California...

People in every part of this country are morons, it's too late to stop the plague.

The worst part of it is that they seem to be the only ones who are breeding.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Well you know, personally I can see why people may be somewhat offended by the terms - master/slave. I fully agree though that to officially ban the terms - especially without recommending a good replacement - is over-the-top, futile and downright silly.

What would a good replacement be, anyway ? I cannot come up with one off the top of my head. Master/slave is a good way of explaining in a very concise way what the relationship between a group of parts or machines is, IMO.

·
Registered
296 Posts
mikester said:
What would a good replacement be, anyway ?

Husband/Wife??

Or maybe Wife/Husband, depending on your household.:D

I'm guessing either of those wouldn't fly either (Oops maybe I shouldn't say fly, that's discriminating against penguins).

Moral to the story is anything you say can be taken in the wrong context and misconstrued by any number of people. Sometimes they will just have to get over themselves and relax.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Seems like male and female hardware would be discriminating too :D
People who take offence should go get a copy of the Constitution and get a life:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
"Freedom of Speech" is now construed as a negative term. WTF?

Sadly, despite all these stupid ideas and PC BS, we still live in the most free country in the world. So I guess I'll bit my lip, for now.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
I'm offended by the term "cracker"

I think they should be called "artificially hardened crispy breadlike wafers with salt"

Oh wait, crispy is offensive to burn victims

"artificially hardened breadlike wafers with salt"

Oh no, hardened is offensive to impotent people

"artificial breadlike wafers with salt"

Uh oh, I offended a breast implant patient with artificial

"breadlike wafers with salt"

Damn, the word with is pretty offensive to the poor, who are without

"salted breadlike wafers"

:rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts