The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i made a nice pc680 battery mount today.thought i would post some pics of it.this mount uses both mounting points that are in the trunk for holding the stock battery.i first looked around here on this forum for other mounts and P2280047.JPG

P2280043.JPG

P2280044.JPG really found nothing that i thought would keep that battery from coming loose and trashing my rear clam.the secter111 brail mount looked ok.but it just wedges the battery into the corner.so i made this one.it captures the battery on 4 sides and bolts down in two points.it took me like 6 hours to make a paper template and locate the holes.so im thinking of maybe drawing it in cad and having a few cut.this will also fit the cheaper lighter version.cant remember the brand of that battery but its the same size.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Wow, nice job!!! :up:

·
Registered
682 Posts
I made a battery mount too... It's a caveman's version of the stock Elise battery mount (duplicated it). Then, when I stripped my trunk to figure out why my backup lights don't exist, I found my original mount... :mad:

That thing is neat though! I need to replace my battery, it weighs a ton and doesn't hold its charge. Where did you get that one? I checked out some PC680 batteries and it looks like they weigh 14 lbs, is that correct or do you have a lighter one? Can you provide dimensions for that mount you fabricated?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Awesome work that looks great what thickness is the aluminium? Are you going to use a battery isolation switch on that? The one Sector111 sells with the knob would look and work great....

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the replies.i think it would be a good idea to have a switch mounted to the pc680.for now i just pull the ground off when im not running it.i think the weight of the pc680 is around 14 lbs.the mount is made out of .060 aluminum.it turned out pretty light.with all the holes i cut in it.im looking at making a few if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I made a battery mount too... It's a caveman's version of the stock Elise battery mount (duplicated it). Then, when I stripped my trunk to figure out why my backup lights don't exist, I found my original mount... :mad:

That thing is neat though! I need to replace my battery, it weighs a ton and doesn't hold its charge. Where did you get that one? I checked out some PC680 batteries and it looks like they weigh 14 lbs, is that correct or do you have a lighter one? Can you provide dimensions for that mount you fabricated?
i got mine used from a member here on the forum.there is a cheaper and lighter version of the pc680.i cant remember the brand.but it is the exact same size.i will try and go back and find the thread that talked about that lighter one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts