The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PCH is being repaved and is ripped to shreds both directions, tons of rocks, dust and exposed drains from the Santa Monica pier to Sunset - possibly further. Ask me how I found out about this on my drive into work today ? :mad:

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Yeah, had the pleasure of that a couple of weeks ago. Goes on for miles. Good times.

EDIT: Oh, how did you find out about this on your way to work today?

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Of all the days today I decide to break from my routine of taking Olympic Blvd. I was thinking hey, it is so nice this morning I am going to take Sunset all the way down to the beach and back down to Santa Monica. Then when I see that there is some construction on PCH, I figure ah it will only be for a little bit......... nope

I ended up getting into the far right lane and putting my hazards on doing under 40mph till I could exit !

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Don't feel so bad - Imagine the poor saps who have no other choice every day. It's really bad out there, and besides the rough road and rocks/debris, the Lotus wants to track all over the place, and it goes on like you said, for miles. I hope your car is ok, no rocks chips, etc.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
I drove it the other day in the Cat and I didn't think it was all that bad (obviously not great but...) and still better than driving the 405/101 to get up into Malibu :shrug:

They paved the part above Sunset pretty quickly (that was chewed up a few weeks ago) so I imagine it won't take for too long for them to finish

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I make that drive all the time. It was unnerving the first time in the Lotus but it is manageable. They have been doing it for over a month now. The repaved portions are pretty nice.

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
I've had the pleasure of riding pch in the Lotus and my motorcycle with the construction going on. You think it was unpleasant in the Lotus, try it on a motorcycle, lol. Just go slow.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
they're still doing it? They started last month. Luckily I haven't had to drive the lotus there yet.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Don't feel so bad - Imagine the poor saps who have no other choice every day. It's really bad out there, and besides the rough road and rocks/debris, the Lotus wants to track all over the place, and it goes on like you said, for miles. I hope your car is ok, no rocks chips, etc.
Yeah no doubt those "poor saps" living in Malibu... by the Pacific ocean and then on top of it all they have to put up with road construction... :panic:

I was out there the other day (not in the Lotus) and for some reason I barely noticed the road... Probably because I was out scouting houses... :wave:

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As of today still ripped to shreds on PCH, your tax dollars at work yes indeed......

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
It's new parts though. The construction is headed south bound. I was just on it today as well. I live right near PCH and drive it all the time.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Eventually

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
As of today still ripped to shreds on PCH, your tax dollars at work yes indeed......
I was on it 6:30 am this morning and the only part that was torn up is about less than an 1/8th mile section through the tunnel where the 10 meets the PCH :shrug:

·
Registered
147 Posts
If you thought that was bad....the road to Lotus/Classic Team Lotus was closed for rewideing for almost 6 weeks, a detour of around 3 miles with some single track roads, with tractors, trucks, Eagle's coming the other way. Unlike PCH no ocean views, although on a plus point, no CHP. Anyone want to swop?

Richard

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was on it 6:30 am this morning and the only part that was torn up is about less than an 1/8th mile section through the tunnel where the 10 meets the PCH :shrug:
Well that is good to know ! I checked PCH by taking a break from work and walking down to the park above the pier ,then headed north to the end, that whole region was still torn up north and south. My office overlooks the pier area.... I owe some people at work some test rides and I wanted to take PCH
damnit, hope it is really nice when they are done though

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you thought that was bad....the road to Lotus/Classic Team Lotus was closed for rewideing for almost 6 weeks, a detour of around 3 miles with some single track roads, with tractors, trucks, Eagle's coming the other way. Unlike PCH no ocean views, although on a plus point, no CHP. Anyone want to swop?

Richard

I will swap (for a while) I need to get back to Lotus again, we stayed about 3 miles from the factory, had dinner and drinks up at the old Green Dragon pub, had a blast driving around the track with Tony Parramint coaching me, then scarring the hell out of me and finally breaking something in the car ! :shift:

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Took a walk down to the pier just now and up the park a ways, looks like PCH is finished and lovely fresh from the pier up to Sunset. Does that mean it is clear now or are they also doing this up north a ways like near the colony or Zuma???

1 - 20 of 21 Posts