The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 Lotus Elise; 2007 Lotus Exige S; 2012 Porsche 991S
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Major bummer for the car community! I made a short video about it along with a highlight reel from prior the prior car week to help those of us going through withdrawls from lack of car events.

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, certainly much more important issues in the world but was surprised given it's scheduled for end of August. But, all the planning etc I guess makes sense to cancel far ahead.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
The Monterey Motorsports Reunion is trying really hard to put the historic races at Laguna Seca. It's sad what's happening to Car Week, Pebble, and the Quail though. It was an honor to race at the Reunion last year for the 50th anniversary of Formula Ford.

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It'd be amazing if they could still manage to do the historics, but without all the additional events that week I wonder if they'll be able to attract enough spectators and/or participants.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
It'd be amazing if they could still manage to do the historics, but without all the additional events that week I wonder if they'll be able to attract enough spectators and/or participants.
Pebble Beach Concours was originally the only event. Then Steve Earle started the Monterey Historics in 1974 for himself and his friends to come out and enjoy their old race cars at Laguna Seca and allowed spectators to attend. It was to celebrate the original Pebble Beach Road Races in the early 1950s. Unfortunately cars kept hitting trees and people. That's why the track was built in 1957. Slowly other groups started their own shows/concours then the auction houses showed up in the early 80's. Then more populist events emerged including the inexplicable Concours du' LeMons.

This just in - The Petersen announces Petersen Car Week. Petersen Museum Announces Aug. 12-16 Car Week

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Whoa, that's interesting. Is the Petersen thing going to be all digital / online then? It sounded like it from the description.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts