The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The next time someone goes to look at an Elise can they measure the gaps between the gas and brake pedal? Actually measure from the farthest right side of the gas pedal to the right edge of the brake pedal. I have size 12 feet and on my test drive I constantly hit the brake during acceleration. I wasn't wearing narrow driving shoes but I was hoping for us larger American folk they would have accomodated for bigger feet. :D The widest portion of my foot is about 4.25-4.5" wide naked! :eek: Granted I have shoes with 4" wide soles so they might be narrow enough to let me slip through. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I've driven the right-hand-drive version while wearing 5" wide size 14 shoes. I don't expect it'll be a real problem for you once you get used to it.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
I have not measured the actual pedal spacing (and Euro vs. American measurements seem to be slightly different), but I have measured my shoe that barely worked on the Fed version at the LA auto show. It was 4.5" wide and required some dilligence when switching from acceleratior to brake and back. The shoe did get caught if I wasn't 100% carefull. On the Euro 111, I remember having a bit more room actually.

I'm using the max of 4.5" as a guideline and wouldn't hesistate to suggest that to you as well.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Vantage said:
I have not measured the actual pedal spacing (and Euro vs. American measurements seem to be slightly different), but I have measured my shoe that barely worked on the Fed version at the LA auto show. It was 4.5" wide and required some dilligence when switching from acceleratior to brake and back. The shoe did get caught if I wasn't 100% carefull. On the Euro 111, I remember having a bit more room actually.

I'm using the max of 4.5" as a guideline and wouldn't hesistate to suggest that to you as well.

thanks for the info, yeti

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, that should make at least 2 pairs of my shoes useable :D Makes you wonder who they used to test this thing when it was built. Some small feet.

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Hmmmm... might be a good script for a new reality show about Elise owners...

Elise Owners EXTREME Make-Over -
* Elise owners getting their feet surgically narrowed
* Elise owners getting extra joints to be able get in & out more easily
* Elise owners getting their hips narrowed to fit comfortably in the seat
* Elise owners getting face lifts to look like Senna

You get the idea... :D

Will it sell???

Kiyoshi

1 - 7 of 7 Posts