The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, there is no rubber on the pedals. Could one of the current owners of the car comment on dirt buildup on the pedals? I gather that they are brushed so that over time dust and grime would work its way into the texture and loose its look and finish. Or am I missing something?

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Robert Puertas said:
Save your next used toothbrush...

And buy some nice driving shoes that you leave in the car.
So commuting to work I should change shoes getting in and out of the car? Are you being serious :)

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
atyclb said:
if I couldn't wear driving shoes to work, I would change shoes getting in and out of the car
The dime drops. You guys are being serious about changing shoes....

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
atyclb said:
have you driven or at least sat in one yet?
Alas, I ordered one sight unseen...

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Yes, this is somewhat true about the wear on the pedals over long periods of time (seen it on other cars), but it is going to take a while. Even then, the pedals themself are pads that should be relatively simple to change.

·
Registered
10 Posts
waelsie said:
5 years and I've never cleaned my pedals yet - and they still look beautiful and work perfectly.
Giles
For me as well, 5 years, 140 tkm and no cleaning so far. May my mech do it during the maintenance work.:cool:

Piple

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,643 Posts
Vantage said:
Yes, this is somewhat true about the wear on the pedals over long periods of time (seen it on other cars), but it is going to take a while. Even then, the pedals themself are pads that should be relatively simple to change.
I was planning on running down to Home Depot and picking up some of that scratchy, sand paper like stuff with adhesive on the back that kids put on their skateboard decks to make them nonslippery and putting that on my Elise's pedals.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
No issues with my pedals.

Maybe if you ran through some mud and jumped right in without cleaning off your shoes you might have a problem.

·
Registered
739 Posts
The Elise is a car..... you do know that don't you.... :rolleyes:

I'd not put gripmaster on the pedals - you'll make it harder to heel and toe and probably end up with a few nice bits of grit floating around the place scratching everything else.

As for changing shoes...C'mon.

The anodized coating wears off th epeaks of the striations on the clutch and brake - just means they go shiney. A toothbrush would do a fine job getting the crap put of the striations if you can be assed to stick your head down there and clean them.

The throttle is (was) smooth and gets nicely worn after a while.

Just drive the thing!

:D

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
YOu guys must be running out of thing to talk about now:D

CHris
PS> For those really concerned the pedal faces probably take 5 mins to replace.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Wow....the SELOC influence is becoming even more apparent as time passes. Piccies, Ding? :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts