The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove the Silver Euro Elise back in October when it was down here at Autostrada. I had some concern with how close the brake was to the accelerator. I wear an 11 1/2 D (Wide) shoe and I was catching the brake nearly every time I went for the gas.

I flew up to Chicago over the weekend to take in the Auto Show and see the Elise. I had talked to the Mike Wogronic from Fox Valley about seeing the car (my wife hadn't seen it yet) so he told me to find him at the show and he'd let us into the roped off area.

I'm very glad to report that the pedals on the Federal car have a little more wiggle room around them. I think they are still approximately the same distance apart, but there is more room to the right of the accelerator with ample space for my big hoof. I'd say the made at least an extra 1/2 to 3/4 inch difference which was all I needed.

A big thanks goes out to Mike who helped us out knowing full well that I already had a deposit down here in Austin. If you're anywhere near Chicago next week, you owe it to yourself to head over to Fox Valley on the 21st when they have the car in their awesome showroom. http://www.foxvalleymotorcars.com

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Get yourself some Puma speed-cats ! I bought a pair late last week, and I'm loving them ! The soles are nice and skinny and the soles are thin, so you won't be catching any pedals that you don't want to. Plus, they are really comfy, they feel like slippers !

·
Registered
81 Posts
I had the same problem with the red 111s that I drove in NJ. Kept catching my medial distal foot on the brake when rolling off of the binders. I can heel-toe fine in my MR2, and the closer distance of brake and accelerator in the Elise should make heel-toe even easier. However, I may have to consider which shoes I wear before I drive. I tend to wear light hiking shoes around and all of them seem to have a widened sole near the ball of the foot.

·
Registered
91 Posts
My favorite shoes for driving or everyday wear are Campers. They can be found at O My Sole stores, or sometimes even in their own retail outlets. They are leather, with a rubber sole that has a bubble pattern on it. I find it gives me just enough pedal feel, while maintaining enough comfort to wear all the time.

They aren't cheap, but worth it in my opinion.

Barry

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
mikester said:
Get yourself some Puma speed-cats ! I bought a pair late last week, and I'm loving them ! The soles are nice and skinny and the soles are thin, so you won't be catching any pedals that you don't want to. Plus, they are really comfy, they feel like slippers !
Just a reasonable excuse to wear driving shoes to work, right Mike?

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
babak said:
Just a reasonable excuse to wear driving shoes to work, right Mike?
Well, um........yeah. :p

But I'm not going to wear them into work until I finally have an Elise. Having a Miata at the moment, it would be pretty sad, wouldn't it ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts