The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My headlights have some kind of laminate that is peeling off. It has the thickness of Saranwrap but is much more crunchy. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm wondering if I can get it taken care of under warranty

·
Registered
200 Posts
That sounds like stone chip protection film. Most likely fitted at the port or by the dealer surely?
Can you post a photo?

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
My drivers side did it. You can sand down the light and respray it will clear OR... Just take it to a local body shop and have them sand it down and respray it. $40 is all the local body shop charged. I did mine at least six times and it looked great from 2 feet away but the shop makes it look great from and the same as the factory. Save time/money and have the body shop do it.

·
Registered
257 Posts
My headlights have some kind of laminate that is peeling off. It has the thickness of Saranwrap but is much more crunchy. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm wondering if I can get it taken care of under warranty
The same has just showed up on mine on the passenger side.. Dealer has ordered a replacement headlight

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Mine had that problem a month after i bought the car. The headlight was replaced by dealer under warranty. It's a known issue

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Both my lamps peel along the edges.. would have been worse but I have headlight protectors on them so only the exposed edges have peeled. I'll take a photo. I expect it to be covered under warranty at my next visit.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went to the dealer today and I discussed the headlight issue with them and the service department told me that Lotus does not have a solution for that peeling headlights but they do have someone that comes details the cars and he has a technique where he can file down the headlights and smooth and shine them up.

If the result is good this is definitely an acceptable solution for me. I took some pictures today and will upload them to this thread as soon as possible for all the people want to see the peeling headlights

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
what is it with Lotus and their ****ty headlights??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts