The Lotus Cars Community banner

1121 - 1140 of 1182 Posts

·
You can't make this up
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,121
REALLY NICE looking car!! I have never seen one, and i'm sure there aren't many on this side of "the pond".
Thank you,, There is a 290S S4 model here with the V8 engine. I believe it was for sale recently in the $30k range. I haven't found any others in the states so far. The TVR club here is one of the few places to research them.

Richard Parramint of Lotus fame has handled shipping cars out of England to anywhere. He handled mine and it has been seamless deal and he handles everything from the owners home to mine. Arranges collection dealing with the owner and one of the shipping companies that handles cars and the export/import docs. Only thing I had to do was sign a form to say I bought the car. He handled the rest and I had no stress during the process. If anyone would consider bringing a car across the pond he would be the go to guy and I would be happy to give out his contact information if you cannot contact him.

Penelope should be done soon and come back from getting cut buffed and detailed.

·
You can't make this up
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,122
Penelope has returned from her Spa visit

Penelope is finally home from her spa visit with OLEEO. Lee owner of Professional Excessive Compulsive Detailing has done a wonderful job of finishing the cut, buff and detailing on the car. She looks great. My to do list is running out of things to do for her. Anyway it is great having her home again. I truly missed seeing her in the garage when I walked by on my way to the office. Not that my Jensen Healey is bad for my eyes either.
:smile2:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,858 Posts
I'd think that with the way gas prices are climbing, a perpetually-full gas tank would be desirable.:D Long as you can ignore the pegged temperature gauge!

The Voltage Stabiliser is mounted in the binnacle isn't it? Parts List sheet 17.03A, floating in 'space'. :rolleyes:

Those Smiths-gauge VRs are commonly available these days in modern solid-state guise. If close-by RD Enterprises doesn't have them, JAE would. So would a multitude of BritPart vendors: Roadster Factory, Moss Motors, etc.
I had the mechanics install this voltage stabilizer in 2016 on my 87 Turbo Esprit - from Moss Motors:

https://mossmotors.com/solid-state-voltage-stabilizer-negative-ground

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hey Jenna.....the car looks great!! Congrats!! I remember when you first got the car and we were working on it in ATWELL’s garage.

Dom

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
You can't make this up
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,128
Hey Jenna.....the car looks great!! Congrats!! I remember when you first got the car and we were working on it in ATWELL’s garage.

Dom

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Dom,

Yes, you two were up to your ears literally working under the car. I just can't remember what round of work was. I know it was dirt anyway. It sure is a nice shop. He should name the garage, Haines Manual Not Needed. :wink2:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Dom,

Yes, you two were up to your ears literally working under the car. I just can't remember what round of work was. I know it was dirt anyway. It sure is a nice shop. He should name the garage, Haines Manual Not Needed. :wink2:

I believe we were working on either the fuel system or the exhaust manifold. I can remember breaking one of ATWELL’s wrenches on the bench.

·
You can't make this up
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,132
Yes that was the beginning of getting the hard to get to manifold nuts. Atwell insisted we do the headers with engine in frame. lol

He did the same thing with the fuel tanks He loves pain

·
Registered
232 Posts
Jenna, Did you refurbish the front and rear bumpers too when you did the repaint? They look really good too. Mine have a few nicks and spider cracking and I'm debating having them refinished.

·
You can't make this up
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,135
Jenna, Did you refurbish the front and rear bumpers too when you did the repaint? They look really good too. Mine have a few nicks and spider cracking and I'm debating having them refinished.
My car had been in indoor storage for 2 decades before I got it. Soooo there was no sun damage. They are very clean. We did respray them this year with a bumper trim paint to help preserve them. They do not have any waves in them.

·
You can't make this up
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,137
Camera screen

I bought a mirror with the screen built into the mirror. I did not want another appliance cluttering up the front of the car. The camera is mounted to a bracket that fits behind my license plate. You really have to look for the camera as it blends in so well. It was a simple install. I have the controller module in the glove compartment for easy service if required.:UK:

1121 - 1140 of 1182 Posts