The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to get a TRS Morimoto kit for my exige. There are two bulb choices for H7. The difference is the return wire location (top or bottom). Which ones are you guys running? Dont want to order the wrong one and have the silly line though my beam.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
I am about to get a TRS Morimoto kit for my exige. There are two bulb choices for H7. The difference is the return wire location (top or bottom). Which ones are you guys running? Dont want to order the wrong one and have the silly line though my beam.
Why not go to LED? Much better and less weight. I took out my DDM 55watt kit and used this: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GKRKN5B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Anyhow, if you want to use an HID bulb, the return wire should always be on the bottom. All reflector lights should be on the bottom.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why not go to LED? Much better and less weight. I took out my DDM 55watt kit and used this: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GKRKN5B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Anyhow, if you want to use an HID bulb, the return wire should always be on the bottom. All reflector lights should be on the bottom.
I was trying to decide between LED and HID and after a long discussion with TRS people I was told that HID would give me better throw over led due to the design of the lotus reflector.

Correct me if i am wrong.

I am willing to get both HID and LED setups to test out which one works best.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can see from this video comparison of Morimoto 35w and 55w HID kits in both halogen projector and reflector setups. They simply outperform everything even the morimoto LEDs.

Screenshots with lux readings attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
I was trying to decide between LED and HID and after a long discussion with TRS people I was told that HID would give me better throw over led due to the design of the lotus reflector.

Correct me if i am wrong.

I am willing to get both HID and LED setups to test out which one works best.
HID will be the brightest and have the best beam... I just didn't want to deal with the constant flickering. Yes, I've had all the Morimoto stuff. it's still cheap chinese crap that is marked up. I got sick of sending my morimoto in for warranty replacement.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh wow. Ive never had any issues with their parts. I guess the 5 year warranty covers it but i see how annoying it must be.

·
Premium Member
11,852 Posts
I've used a couple of kits without a problem.

Frankly, prefer more light to never a warranty issue. The latter is surely a hassle, but the first could avoid a crash.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts