The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Just Got a Red 05 Elise about a month ago and never thought i would be getting the reactions i do with this car. Everyday you never know what people are going to say or do and i think this is my favorite thing about this car because people make me laugh hard. I Was stopped at a light and a guy made a turn off the highway and then completely stopped in the middle of the road just to repeat nice car(yelling) untill my light turned green. I pulled in front of a bowling ally and got swarmed by 17 year old kids and had one kid knock on the front clam and say pop the hood, then i said it wasnt there, he then looked puzzled and then he said this is a bugatti then right? ahahah i said no he then said is it a v8 or a v10?, this just made me laugh harder, No 4 i said then he said how fast does it go, i said about 150, He replied, Thats it? I had a girl pull next to me at a light with a zombie face just straight staring hard at me. I stare back she then rolls here window down still with a zombie stare and says Hi in a low voice i say hi and she says nothing but continues to just stare like a deer in headlights after about 45 seconds of this the light turned and i just went confused on what just happened. right now im watching out my window i have guys in verizon trucks walking around my car saying lotus has nothing to do with anything just throwing this in here ok just got back from a knock on the door and two verizon guys were there and said what is that a lotus? i said yes he said who makes lotus and they then said is it fast, then do you still have your license? I dont even have to leave my house to have people ask about it haha pretty funny that im making this post and that happened Gas Stations are intersting everytime i go, i live in jersey so they pump my gas. so everytime i get out and stand RIGHT there next to the guy so he dont hit it of dribble on my car, but of course that isnt enough........... 2 times they dribbled, like me standing there hawking this man isnt enough for him to be carfull Kfc McDonalds etc. drivethrus are funny they always ask how much it costs, i got tired of saying the real price now i say 80 grand or 100grand just to see the reactions. i had a guy ask me if it was a ferrari, a person ask me if im scared to crash it like arnt you scared youll die. wtf is that a serious question no you retard. ha first day i got it i was swarmmed by 6 cops in front of my moms house and pulled out of the car he then slammed my door the other 5 cops are just walking around my car looking at it saying nice car, the cop said someone called in me speeding haha definitly not true it was in heavily congested back street area and i watch for kids so i knew it wasnt true, he then smelled the kid i was with at the times fingers asking him if he was high. then gave me a speeding warning paper. i got a waring for something i didnt do that was cool. People always point at me so i just started to point back that gets a funny reaction try it. OK so thats the month of my lotus... my first post... I love my bugatferarfordotus. hahaha

·
Registered
4,450 Posts

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
oh, and if you break up your posts into some stucture with breaks (like paragraphs or throughts) it'll be MUCH easier to read. long streams of consciousness are really tough to follow.
Colorless green ideas sleep furiously!
:huh:

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
first post sry will do next time im stupid
Don't take it so hard. Ace10 is the self appointed chief of the repost police. But I also find he can be very, very helpful. He always responds when I need help while most stand on the side lines. I kind of think of him as Etalk’s version of Monk (kind of neurotic about post etiquette).

·
Registered
321 Posts
first post sry will do next time im stupid

You did it again.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
I hate to break it to you, but your car isn't a chick magnet.
Yeah it is..... little girls love it !!
and...
welcome to ET.

oh, and if you break up your posts into some stucture with breaks (like paragraphs or throughts) it'll be MUCH easier to read. long streams of consciousness are really tough to follow.

THAT sentence is longer then they gave my cousin Guido !!

·
Premium Member
11,722 Posts
James Joyce buys a Lotus.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts