The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After consulting with all of you here - bought the car, picked up last Thurs and promptly headed for the rack - first night it ran liked a greasy squirel - spun it three times could not keep from leading with my license plate - RQ turned me onto Mach Motorsports - they lowered the car 2" changed the pads to Pagids, corner balanced and aligned the car, changed all the fluids -
Last night it was back to the track with two Exiges S and crew - OMG! what an amazing car! after i got a little temperature on the tires & the car handles like a nothing I have ever driven - fast nimble and sticky - dynamite the brakes and go deep - Had a 3.4 liter race porsche on our tail in the dark - neither of us saw him coming - took him a couple of laps to get in position and he took us on the inside - way to close for comfort but no contact -
we ran til they shut down the lights - I am a convert!

Attachments

·
Registered
592 Posts
Congratulations. The right alignment is a must with these cars. If your going to track it alot, you should get a Moroso oil pan or Accusump.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Can you share your alignment/ride height settings?

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Lowered the car 2"??? :huh:

That's 50mm (or so)... what on Earth was your ride height before, and what is it now?

Other than that... :up:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lowered the car 2"??? :huh:

That's 50mm (or so)... what on Earth was your ride height before, and what is it now?

Other than that... :up:
I will make it point to ask my tuner next week and post the specs... I dont wrench......

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I am so glad to see your posts about just how excited you are about the Exige. I currently own an Exige and would like to get a Porsche GT3 as my next car while keeping the Lotus as my track car. Your posts are confirming my feelings that even though there are nicer and faster cars out there, you just cant have the same fun in almost any other car. That's why I plan on keeping the Lotus no matter what!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I am so glad to see your posts about just how excited you are about the Exige. I currently own an Exige and would like to get a Porsche GT3 as my next car while keeping the Lotus as my track car. Your posts are confirming my feelings that even though there are nicer and faster cars out there, you just cant have the same fun in almost any other car. That's why I plan on keeping the Lotus no matter what!

While admittedly two track nights does not give me much baseline but I would be delighted if the current two car solution adequately feeds my motorsports endorphins. My current Porsche is unbeatable as a daily driver and the Lotus seems to cure the other itch. Not thinking tying up another 130k in a new GT3 is in the cards at this pace.
The other part of the puzzle is what mods? - Safety first, doing the trd bar & motormounts next week and probably a fire system - still have stock exhaust, which I love, and drove to and from the track - the other car we ran last night had a Larini Club Sport with de cat. Not a fan of the head splitting whine, the popping, the flames or the drone. Mine just goes whoooooosh. I am thinking it isnt ever going to sound good - its never gonna be tubi on Italian - after all its a rice powered crumpet, which is not a bad thing just not symphonic - how good can it sound? And the Larini exhausted car only gets away from me by out driving me and not horsepower.
Is there a middle of the road system that retains the cats, dosent drone and allows the removal of the heat shields and can be replaced with open rear system like the sector111 eliminator? those pictures of the tail on fire are haunting.....

·
Registered
1,561 Posts

I know this isnt the best picture showing the exhaust but its all I have right now. Its a 2bular exhaust with a Larini sport cat. In my opinion it has a much deeper sound than most other exhausts and the drone isn't too bad. I'd suggest looking into them! I was thinking about an Arqray Ti single tip but I hear that exhaust is a lot more high pitched than mine. I kinda like the deep sound of my 2bular. Anyway whatever you get i'm sure it will look and sound great!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I think the main problem is with removing or replacing the cat. You should try to listen to a system with the stock cat still in place.

·
Registered
157 Posts
More local loti's We all gotta get together some time and do an event!
:coolnana:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I know this isnt the best picture showing the exhaust but its all I have right now. Its a 2bular exhaust with a Larini sport cat. In my opinion it has a much deeper sound than most other exhausts and the drone isn't too bad. I'd suggest looking into them! I was thinking about an Arqray Ti single tip but I hear that exhaust is a lot more high pitched than mine. I kinda like the deep sound of my 2bular. Anyway whatever you get i'm sure it will look and sound great!
thanks! i have exchanged emails with Jim Valentine at 2bular and am thinking the best of both worlds may be stock cats with 2bular exhaust.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
More local loti's We all gotta get together some time and do an event!
:coolnana:
I can arrange a track night at PBIR some night for a nominal number per car - how many Lo tis locally do you think would be up for that? PM me when you get a chance and we can work on that - imagine a dozen or so of us on the track.... move over PBOC ---------!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
getting ready for this week's track foray at PBIR - mods for the week include motor mounts, TRD cross brace, tow hooks - front and rear, sector111 pedals & 6 point harness for passenger seat.... two of us are going out my 240 s & RQ's 220 s. Betting Friday night will be an epic evening.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Please post pics!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
here you go... pictures at 11

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
Availability of your suspension settings for reference?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Availability of your suspension settings for reference?
picking up the car tomorrow to go the track and will ask my tech for those seetings so I can post them for you.

·
Registered
157 Posts
So when are you going to to another PBIR event?

My cars going to be at champion till the end of the week.
Ill be ready to go next week tho...

let me know i'm always in!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts