The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't post this in FS section becuase the performance of difference lockable caps may be debatable.

I've done some searches on the forum and i know i can make one myself, and some things i don't mind doing myself (brakes for one) but for what-ever reason i'm not in the mood to search out buy/find/replace the parts to get myself a locking gas cap.

Anybody making/selling them that works well and nicely, or sell a kit? I don't know if some solutions are fidgety and other work well?

Since mine is a daily driver i'd rather not be without a gas cap for a while. If it makes more sense to work out details via PM, that's fine, but if they've changed filler necks or caps at some point then maybe that's something I need to do...

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
If someone gets a locking cap I'd be more than happy to buy your oem one from you (or trade). :)

The only replacement I had close was a locking one. I hate unlocking it to fill up...

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As i sit and type i do in fact have a broken thumb.

It's been a while since i searched but i have read through that, and that would be where "i know i can make one myself" came from in my original post... basically just fishing for new info guess, or if anyone wants to sell me their modified stant 11507 (or 10507)?

Don't ask me why i'm willing to do my brakes pads and rotos and don't care to do this... life isn't always logical. Or maybe it's becuase i have a broken thumb right now and i'm not too motivated to work on my cars right now... speaking of which I'm probably going to have to pay the dealer to change my left front rotor (becuase of said broken thumb) and that irks me.

Maybe enough ribbing from you guys will motivate me just buy the 10507 and be done with it when my thumb is healed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts