The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tested a black S IPS today...I am a fan!
Still would prefer a bit more punch though.
Has anyone tried any relatively inexpensive performance mods? I know that folks have done a CAI-much difference on the S?
SC pulley swap?
Are there good ECU tunes out there?

Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
See the Kold-Fire kit, gets you to 390hp

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that, but looking at their website, no info is given on Evora S? Anyone here actually done it? That's a 40hp gain from just a reflash?
Wow!

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
The full kit includes new header, decat pipe and a reflash. There is a threrad here from them, or check at KOMO-TEC Online

·
Illegal Alien
4,983 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, interesting.
I'll most likely have to get it done if I take the plunge-just hope that someone here in Australia will do the work!

No pulley swap yet?
I did that on my old SRT6 and the difference was night and day.

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Okay, I'm thoroughly confused. How much for the new kit then and is the quoted increase of roughly 40 HP for the N/A Evora or the S?

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Will KomoTech's headers and ECU work with a Larini exhaust? I've heard videos of the Larini but not KomoTechs.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well according to the website it is for the S.
I hope that exhaust work doesn't alter the note-I really like it!

·
Registered
81 Posts
No official pulley swaps yet, but someone must be working on it. With the cold air intake, louvered engine hatch, headers, and cooler thermostat, you should be able to bump the boost slightly and still be safe on pump gas. Maybe only a pound or 2, but that would wake up the bottom end a bit and make the car seem snappier, which is what we were all hoping the supercharger would do to begin with.
Neil

·
Illegal Alien
4,983 Posts
Okay, I'm thoroughly confused. How much for the new kit then and is the quoted increase of roughly 40 HP for the N/A Evora or the S?
2,760 Euros including shipping but ex duty (total about 3,900 USD. Kit includes headers, HJS 200 cell Cat, K&N air filter, tuning cable and tune download.. They show dyno results for an S

·
Illegal Alien
4,983 Posts
No official pulley swaps yet, but someone must be working on it. With the cold air intake, louvered engine hatch, headers, and cooler thermostat, you should be able to bump the boost slightly and still be safe on pump gas. Maybe only a pound or 2, but that would wake up the bottom end a bit and make the car seem snappier, which is what we were all hoping the supercharger would do to begin with.
Neil
Most tuners are afraid that a boost with pulley change will need an IC

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
You can't do a pulley swap. We looked into that when we were installing the SC kit on my car. The pulley that's on the unit is already very very small. You can't really change that to a smaller one but we have managed to make 400HP by tune, Headers, Exhaust and Sport CAT. Our last dyno showed 367WHP. The engine hatch glass and thermostat was changed to keep the heat down. We monitored the Oil temp as well by installing a snesor in the oil pan and temps never went over 230 so even with that much more power there was no need for oil coolers. Now you need to keep in mind that these numbers are from street driving not tracking. I;m sure once you start tracking the car those numbers will be much different.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You can't do a pulley swap. We looked into that when we were installing the SC kit on my car. The pulley that's on the unit is already very very small. You can't really change that to a smaller one but we have managed to make 400HP by tune, Headers, Exhaust and Sport CAT. Our last dyno showed 367WHP.
Ok, that's cool! wonder who would do an ECU tune for me here...

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
2,760 Euros including shipping but ex duty (total about 3,900 USD. Kit includes headers, HJS 200 cell Cat, K&N air filter, tuning cable and tune download.. They show dyno results for an S
Thanks for the reply. For almost 4K, I'll be keeping it stock, at least for a few years.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
After having a test drive I just felt that performance wise the car has everything down...except that punch!
Although I am not getting rid of my old car, I still don't like the idea of buying a new one that isn't faster-both in the bends (it will be) and on the straights (it won't).
I imagine I'll get the full works done if it can get me up around 400hp.

·
Vendor
6,305 Posts
On the IPS cars you must not change the intake. Stick with stock. There have been many failures due to the "CAI" intake systems and lotus will void the powe rtrain warranty if you run one.

On the other hand the tunes and exhaust do help all the evora cars including IPS.

Hope that helps,

Phil

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
On the IPS cars you must not change the intake. Stick with stock. There have been many failures due to the "CAI" intake systems and lotus will void the powe rtrain warranty if you run one.

On the other hand the tunes and exhaust do help all the evora cars including IPS.

Hope that helps,

Phil
IPS only yes?

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Unfortunately that CAI unit that everybody loves created some serious problems with my car. Can't post the exact details yet until I get the the Ok from my attorney but once the time comes I will be very open and post everywhere about he issues this CAI creates. All I can say for now is that everybody needs to stay away from this product. You will regret the upgrade!!! It's only IPS. NA and S cars will have the exact same issues.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts