The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been itching to run the Elise at Buttonwillow.

Because of my wife's health issues, I had to miss the Lotus day there.

I have been asked to instruct this weekend for the SVTOA group. Free tracktime for me and they cover hotels and food. I enjoy instructing and want to get more into it, so that experience is good too.

But I am going to SEMA after Sunday night. This would be insane. I mentioned my scheduling problem to the head guy and was asked to just show up Saturday, when it is more busy and they need more instructors.

It is almost a 4 hour drive. I would go up Friday night, go to a motel. Come back Saturday night. THen spend all Sunday packing. Leave for Las Vegas Monday morning for the SEMA show.

What would you do?

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Priorities, priorities!

IMHO, Spend the weekend with your wife than go to SEMA to make a living. I know its hard but we're grown ups!
I was supposed to drive up to Sebring this weekend to run the Elise at a track day and have been disallowed by a higher authority (wife) because its Halloween and we have many parties to go to with our daughter: family, work, play, three hard things to conciliate.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
i'd skip it. i don't like rushing around if i don't have to. it's not worth the stress. you will own the Elise for a long time and have plenty of opportunities to run BW.

btw i was at buttonwillow on monday. Ran Config 1 clockwise w/ Star Mazda. I had never been to buttonwillow before but i think it is now my favorite so cal track.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NtflBlueLiz said:
I know its hard but we're grown ups!
*Randy throws himself on the floor kicking and pounding his fists in a tantrum*

Damn...

Thanks for the replies. I will follow that advice.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
To appease the kicking and screaming one...alternatively you can pack/load before you leave, go do Sat driver ed, spend sunday with family resting up since you're already packed.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I dunno, I thrive on good stress, so I'd do it, assuming your wife is cool with it and not needing your care.

It's the kind of thing you can do for a week, then rest and recover later.

It depends on if you think your SEMA 'performance' would suffer, or things that need to get done would go undone. If it's just a hectic lack of rest, that I could stomach for FREE RUNS at Buttonwillow. :)

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Jim.

In regards to this thread. Some very sound advice.

But... I was never very good at listening. :) The alarm clock goes off in 3.5 hours. Later....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts