The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Always a great race and the weather was as good as it gets.

The racing was exciting and there were two Lotus teams.......well.....one real Lotus team, Alex Job Racing Evora GT with a Cosworth engine (finished 11th in GT class) "It was a tough race," Townsend Bell said. "Just ten laps into a 10-hour race I got hit by the Falken Porsche for no reason. It took its toll on the car as I had to pit a few laps later and the team had to make repairs. That cost us 10 laps and that was our race. After that the car ran well. Bill Sweedler and Johnny Mowlem where also team drivers.

Rebellion Racing with a Lotus branded Lola Nissan (Toyota Formula Nippon V8 engine) finished first overall. Neel Jani, Nicolas Prost, and Andrea Belicchi grabbed their first ALMS win.

Thanks to Alex Job Racing for inviting me as their guest for the day. Some photo's from the day:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More Photo's of Evora GT

More Photo's of Evora GT

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rebellion Racing photos:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can't forget the pit girls ;-)

Attachments

·
Registered
256 Posts
Thanks for the pics; I wasn't able to go to PLM this year but saw the team at MO. Hope they let you in the hot pit as well; Dyson and TRG are good about that in the longer races.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
My fiancee stepped in with the models at the AJR paddock. Told them "I'm older than two of you put together!"

2012.10.19 029 c  w.jpg

My 15 year old son didn't mind getting in there either. He can't wait to be able to ride with me on track in June. He got that shirt at Classic Lotus in Hethel this summer. Been a good year!

2012.10.19 023 good.jpg

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
the evora looks fantastic. hoping they can finish on the podium soon.

·
Premium Member
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the pics; I wasn't able to go to PLM this year but saw the team at MO. Hope they let you in the hot pit as well; Dyson and TRG are good about that in the longer races.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide
AJR was very accommodating as they gave me a hot pit pass on request a couple of months ago. Just had to bring my own fire suit to wear during the race.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
yup, AJR is a very accommodating group... extremely nice & really enjoy talking about lotus with a fellow owner. clearly a team worth supporting in my opinion :up::up:

also, was the lotus prototype newly introduced? if not i'm pretty bummed they didnt bring it to Road America.

·
Premium Member
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Lotus Prototype was a European team who have been flying the car all around the world to race. They are hand picking which races to participate in. Petit Le Mans was not a point race for them, they had to win first place or at a minimum get P2 or P3 to be recognized at any level.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
The Lotus Prototype was a European team who have been flying the car all around the world to race. They are hand picking which races to participate in. Petit Le Mans was not a point race for them, they had to win first place or at a minimum get P2 or P3 to be recognized at any level.
ahhhh, gotcha... yeah that would have been pretty cool to see @ RA. oh well :shrug:

love that Lotus Rebellion gear though! now i want one of those suits...

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I've been following Lotus Rebellion for a little while now-although really only a title sponsorship much like Lotus F1, the team (much like Lotus F1) is doing very very well. Although part of me is sad Lotus isn't as involved in the mechanicals of some of these sports anymore, it is still nice to see name recognition.

Glad to see AJR finally getting some decent pit space! Looks like their trailer et al is expanding. The car placed exceptionally well all things considered and is still turning faster and faster laps. Clearly power is still in deficit but hey when you're running a 4.0 v6 compared to an 8.0 v10, 6.2 v8, you're gonna be down a bit!

Good for them and I hope they continue to do well!

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Thanks for sharing the pictures. I enjoyed watching Rebellion win the race and wrap up the WEC championship as well. Unfortunately, there was not a lot of TV coverage of Jobs' Lotus. I wonder what Rebellion will do next year, what with Lola in receivership and Lotus all but. Same for Alex Jobs' Racing wit al the changes coming with the series merger. It would be a shame to see the Lotus marque disappear from the series, even if it's just in name only.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts