The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you EliseTalk folks planning on being at Road Atlanta in a couple of weekends? Bringing your LOTUS perhaps? Maybe we can arrange a night out at a local pub. I can probably get some of you up close and personal to some of the racecars. I will be there starting Wednesday for test days. Any ideas?

Cale

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,641 Posts
I'll be there Friday and Saturday, but without a Lotus. Hopefully mine will arrive next month.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I'll be there for some of it, also without a Lotus. I'm also up for the local pub bit...

Jim

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just PM'd all of you and hopefully you will be able to make it Friday pm.

Looks to me like the only time that I can get away is Friday at about 5:30pm. Maybe we can get together then at the IMSA trucks in the Paddock and go have a brew after that. Ask for the Doc when you get there.

Looking forward to meeting y'all.

email [email protected]

Gregg (Cale)

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
i may get over there to shoot pix...but work may get in the way too

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
It looks like Im going down on Thursday to watch qualifying for Speed World Challenge and practice for ALMS and then going back on Saturday. Here's a copy of the schedule if anyone needs it. Hope to see you there!

Attachments

·
Registered
643 Posts
Petit Le Mans was great, as usual. The P2 car my friend crewed for finished second in class. If anyone saw the end of the race on Speed, he was the guy pulling on the wing element trying to break it off so they could send it back out for the last laps.

We saw a couple of Esprits and a beautiful white Europa there. Unfortunately, we didn't see any Elises.

Jim

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
I have never seen so many people freaking out over a car. Especially one I was driving. It was a very busy infield this year as we didn't get the usual bad weather leading up to the race. At one point I'd say close to 30 people were standing around the car taking pictures and looking inside. While driving back to vendor row from turn 7 I had people jumping in front of me to take pictures. Somebody even asked me if I was a professional baseball player?!?! I'm thinking, you don't have to be a millionaire to buy this car! Anyway, it was a great day and the positive response to the car was simply unbelievable.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Dan, I came across one of my friends form the BMW club, he was telling about the dude in the silver Elise, I told him it was likely you and we had run Deals Gap the day before. And, of course I had lots of war stories to tell, he swears he is going to buy an Elise, he has an M Coupe now. I walked over to where he saw your car but you had moved on or once again I got my directions all wrong. Sorry I missed you, I drove my M5 rather than the Elise. I did see Michael and Eddy, who were very much enjoying the day! For the first time I walked the entire course it was great watching each turn and the line the cars took.
What a terrific day.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Jim,

I left a little after 3pm. 3 days of open top driving finally got to me after 6 hours in the sun on Saturday. I passed several silver M5's in the infield and they were all 17-19 year old guys driving them!?!? The racing was excellent and those ALMS drivers are just incredible! Well, catch you at the Auto-x in October.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I arrived around 2:30, parked near vendor's row, and spend the first half hour getting and eating lunch on the infield side of 10a/b. Spotted the Corvette corral (who could miss it?) and the Ellis corral, but didn't see a Lotus corral. LOG should set one up next year.

Jim

1 - 14 of 14 Posts