The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else going? The American LeMans series is coming to a close as it will merge with IMSA next year without the LM-P1 series prototype cars. P2 cars, it was just announced, are eligible through 2016. This will be a historic race as the last American LeMans. I'll be there with my father for our own tradition and I just wanted to see if there is a Lotus coral or members of the group also attending. Cheers

Registered
We'll be there mid day Friday on. Yes a tradition for years. Such a great place to watch a race. You can walk the entire inner perimeter, stay and watch at each turn as long as you want.

shay2nak
I heard about that. Why are they merging? ALMS is more enjoyable to watch. Now there will no longer be LM-P1 cars? That's only the open top prototypes or this includes the closed top ones also (thought they were a different P1 class).

Registered
They are merging because of money. NASCAR (curator of the Grand-Am series) felt threatened, so they bought out ALMS, ostensibly to "help unify American sports car racing." The whole thing stinks though if you ask me, but I think ALMS has been on a downhill slide ever since Audi pulled out.

I usually make it a point to watch Petit LeMans, but since it's on Fox Sports 2 this year (which I don't get, unlike Fox Sports 1, formerly Speed), and I'm on night shift, I'm just not going to bother about it unless it gets posted up on ESPN3 sometime. (I'm also pissed at Fox for ruining Speed.)

Anyway, Petit LeMans seems like a fun event to attend. They're still going to put it on under the USCR banner, right?

Registered
I'll be there along with several other local guys. No Lotus corral that I know of. The parking corrals have become too expensive to be reasonable.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
I have a picture of your car, xhilr8n, and there was an Aspen White Exige S by my car earlier. There's so many gorgeous cars here. I have a video of a McLaren F1 Track car revving up and pics of the 333, BMP lmp1, and others.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts