The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
Uh, yeah. Good luck with that.

Let me know if it works and I'll try it in VA.

BTW, signature 3067's comment isn't helping the cause.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Just become a dealer and you dont need a front plate-poke-

signed....

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Good grief, you should have not provided a comments section. There are enough idiotic and in some case abrasive statements in there to seriously hurt the documents credibility. Esecially the ones attacking the police. No sympathy from the powers above to be gained that way.
Good luck with your campaign.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Uh, yeah. Good luck with that.
Let me know if it works and I'll try it in VA.
BTW, signature 3067's comment isn't helping the cause.
Good luck is correct... :rolleyes: Even though I hate them, I don't think a petition will work.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Good grief, you should have not provided a comments section.
I dont think Bavarian Motorist created the petition, he was just passing it along....;

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
1200 Lotus owners
200 Lambo owners
300 Ferrari owners
6 Cobra owners
One Veyron owner

Just like Supercar Sunday in Thousand Oaks!

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Signed,thanks for finding this Mike.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
I took the humanitarian approach telling them that the license plate is too low and decapitates small animals.

Someone call PETA and get the GEICO squirrels to sign the petion so they can keep high fiving each other.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I just glanced through a few of the comments. Has anyone mentioned that in these cash-strapped times, requiring only one plate could save the state $$$ in the manufacturing and mailing of plates, not to mention all the energy saved in only having to manufacture half the plates?

Also, for certain cars at least, a front plate can hurt the vehicle's aerodynamics, decreasing fuel efficiency. Although not a big deal for only one car, it could be more significant when muliplied across a whole state's worth of cars.

These may be goofy ideas, but I figure getting the law changed needs a more convincing argument than "it makes my exotic car look bad." In a state like NY, playing the "green" card might be more successful.

BTW, I'd love for this to work in NY. Maybe then, we could enact some change here in IL.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
In FL what is really stupid is that they send you a new license plate every 4 years with a new number on it unless you have a personalized plate. I callled and said it was a waste of taxpayer dollars and asked if they were doing it to keep the inmates busy.

The person at the DMV said that they change the format every 4 years so they can tell if people are using old license plates illegally.
One year they might be LLL ###, then L#L ##L, then L## LLL etc
(L stands for letter and # for a 1-9 digit number)

Sounds kind of dumb to me. I have seen some old black Delaware plates that are over 40 years old and in TX, the plate stays with the car and goes tot he new owner. In FL there are about 40 or 50 types of personalized plates that you can get from I Love Bass Fishing to Nascar Fan, so you cant even tell what state it is from if it has a frame that is blocking the name of the state.

http://www.flhsmv.gov/dmv/specialtytags

1 - 18 of 18 Posts