The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Hmmm. The people who don't own the land, want to specify the use of it. They don't want to buy the land and protect it, they just want to impose their will on the legal owners. Oh my gosh! A salmon might get pissed off over the noise, and apparently various birds might drop a feather from the stress! Perhaps the tree-huggers need to purchase a fleet of Tesla cars to loan the racers for the mandated "quiet days". Be sure to oil those tires (with biodegradable oil), so they don't squeal.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Does this mean I can buy house in Sea-Tac, and then have the airport shut down because it makes too much noise?

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
The airport is actually part of transportation infrastructure....

Noise pollution is still pollution - but it's not like that hasn't been a racetrack for a long time. Very specious that *now* they would file a lawsuit?

Oh, nevermind, this is for expansion... I can see why this would cause problems, though I wonder how much expansion they wanted to do. There isn't much room left between the tracks and the nearby suburbs and golf course...

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very disappointing. I only got one lapping day here and it was a great track. I hope they can come back with some quiet days in between.

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Don't worry, now you can focus on bringing in that Tesla Racing Series!

·
Registered
72 Posts
This sucks... I was anxiously awaiting the purchase of my Elise so I could go to some lapping days here at PGP.

As a street racer/mountain driver I think its pretty stupid they are taking away one of the few places that were legal to drive... I have plenty of friends that will be on the streets rather than participating in a sanctioned event now.

Alot of drifters used this track rather than driving to PARC or Evergreen.
This really has a major impact on younger drivers.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
If they were truly operating outside the limits of their permit, then they screwed themselves.

Noise restrictions can suck, but it's better than giving the weenies leverage against you and getting shut down.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts